PDA

View Full Version : meet the twins

Paul Henneberry
02-11-2015, 01:37 AM
Howdee All,
I thought Id post some pictures of a pair of American Black Walnut super sopranos that I just finished. These are the first long neck sopranos that I have made and with a 14 inch scale and 14 frets to the body they are great to play. Im not a good enough player to appreciate the extra frets down the neck but the little bit of extra room between the top frets is a nice surprise. They are the best sounders that I have made so far with a long sustain and a balance between the strings. The nitty gritty:
Walnut sound board, back, sides and neck.
Walnut burr head stock veneer.
Mulga fretboard and bridge
Grover tuners and gold evo fret wire.
Nitro spray finish over cyanoacrylate grain filling.
Carbon fibre reinforced neck.
Tortoise shell celluloid binding.

If you live in Perth Western Australia and if you are involved in the local uke community you will get an opportunity to own one as I am raffling it to support the Motor Neurone Association. I hope you see you around.

Cheers

Paul

greenscoe
02-11-2015, 02:12 AM
Great looking ukes, all four instruments (this post and your other one). Apart from the lovely grained wood, I really like your rosettes and matching bridge decoration which you didn't even mention. Thanks for posting-its good to see what other members are making.

RPA_Ukuleles
02-11-2015, 04:34 AM
Very very nice. I'm not familiar with Mulga, but I really like color and the subtle figure of it in the fretboards. Well done!

redyak3
02-11-2015, 08:02 AM
Beautifully done, this and the curly cousins!

ksquine
02-11-2015, 09:03 AM
Gorgeous ukes. That's some really special figure walnut. I like how you fit it in just below the bridge.