And, the decision is...we have a winner!

scooterguitar

Reaction score
First of all, thank you to everyone here who has held my hand and helped me along on my first ukulele pruchase;) You guys are great and I like your style;)
Hard times and honest comments seem to be abundant on here, just what I look for in a good forum.
Man, it was hard. I've literally spent hours upon hours since late last week researching, asking, and listening. While no auio or video clips are ever going to take the place of alive demo, I had to make some sort of auditory judgement and it was hard. Would have been easier if that Honu wasn't so damn pretty too!
Thanks to Mike at MGM, I bugged the heck out of him, had him playing ukes for a few days now over the phone.

It basically came down to a Kanilea super concert gloss or Koaloha concert...
He played them, I listened...I asked ?'s...he played more, I asked more...

The Kanilea sounded deep, nice and deep. I know strings play role on all of this and plan to try various brands in the near future. I prefer beefier tones and warmth. This uke was the likely winner, but...:stop:

I threw a loopdy loop in there and had him play the Koaloha Super Concert.
More mids and a fuller (not as deep as the Kanilea) tone to my ear over the staticy phone! Heck, he could have been playing $50 ukes over the phone and I wouldn't have known, but he seems like a great fella and helped me a lot.

Oh yeah, I ordered the Koaloha Super:shaka:
Figure it's a no brainer quality, tone, and value wise.

Can't wait! Now I have to learn how to play, but with all of your help I'll be up and running in no time!

Thanks again!

Great choice! I have two and I love them.

So what are you getting next?

:eek:

Dunno, see how I like this size, etc. Imagine a soprano sometime and if it goes GREAT, save, save for some custom tenor. Or give it up for hopscotch!
I figure I'll be ready for the big tour by next month;)

Great choice! I have two and I love them.

So what are you getting next?

Damn, you really have two of those? I kind of want one myself.:p

You must have a few Pineapple Sundays by now huh?:D

The KoAloha super-concert is probably my favorite production uke (in fact, I'm not sure if I should save up for a custom super-concert or just buy the KoAloha and have inlays done later). I hope it satisfies your UAS for at least a few hours. :D

Great choice. You won't regret it.

Thank goodness the saga is over! Phew!

but....

you're still gonna get a Kanile'a some day!

:shaka:

I would have gone with the Kanile'a, but I'm sure you will love your KoAloha. Post pics when it arrives!:D

since you got it from mike, it wont be long.

Very true. If you got the uke from NukeDocUkes.com, you'd be better off planting a koa seed and building the uke yourself.

Very true. If you got the uke from NukeDocUkes.com, you'd be better off planting a koa seed and building the uke yourself.

dammit deach, youre like a pitbull on a toddler. cant get you off of me. i might have some time (and the money) to send it out this friday. might.

dammit deach, youre like a pitbull on a toddler. cant get you off of me. i might have some time (and the money) to send it out this friday. might.

lol. so fun messing with you.

Top Bottom