ukulele to piano?

tangimango

Reaction score
After learning to play the ukulele with the help of youtube, I was thinking of maybe trying to learn piano using youtube turtorials

Any piano players out there,

Piano is a percussive instrument. At least that's what my organ teacher said when I was 10 or 12. Why a piano over a keyboard or did you mean keyboard.

The keyboard even when dealing with multiples and bass pedals are much easier to see visually than a fretboard. At least to me that is.

I took piano lessons for two years. It was money well spent. Get a good teacher.

There are many who think that every musician needs to know at least a little piano. The piano is where the entire world of music lives. Everything about music theory, stylization, and music reading come together in the piano. It is a noble instrument with great traditions of performance behind it. Good luck with your new adventure!

Piano technique is like classical guitar technique: there are many fine points to it, and you take shortcuts to your detriment. Without a good teacher giving you personalized instruction, you'll most likely develop a number of bad habits from the start that will hold you back the rest of your life.

I totally agree with this. It's worth the money to find a good teacher. I took many years of piano lessons as a kid, and every other instrument I have learned has been easy, in comparison. I wish you luck in your new adventure of learning piano. It's very rewarding. Piano was my first love. I've been playing since I was 5. Even though I don't practice near enough, I can always sit down and play.

There are many good piano tutorials on youtube. Find a teacher, if possible, and learn from him/her as well. If getting a teacher isn't an option, make sure you work in a relaxed manner, sit straight and stop playing immediately if you feel muscle pain or stiffness. Relaxation is of the utmost importance. Good luck! The piano is a wonderful instrument.

There are many who think that every musician needs to know at least a little piano. The piano is where the entire world of music lives. Everything about music theory, stylization, and music reading come together in the piano. It is a noble instrument with great traditions of performance behind it. Good luck with your new adventure!

Spot on!!! I took many years of classical piano lessons and exams even and DARTH PLAYER even said... "you have served me well." hehe LOL The piano has served me well. :cool:

Petey

Top Bottom