Blackbird carbon fiber Tenor Ukulele - (and possible RMC upgrade option)

Liquidayno

Reaction score
I am selling my beautiful Blackbird tenor acoustic uke. Low G tuning.

Beautiful sound, great playability, very durable.

Uke is SOLD!

RMC parts still available.

*RMC pickup option- I will remove the stock saddle and upgrade to 4 RMC piezo acoustic saddles wired to an DIN-8s jack for $200 (Blackbird charges $295 for this). If you simply want the parts to do this mod yourself or have your tech do it, I will sell them for $100.

*RMC preamp option - I will include a brand new RMC polydrive II preamp/EQ pedal for $300. RMC charges $425 for them, and Blackbird doesn't even offer them. It gives you 4 bands of active EQ to really control your acoustic sound, as well as 13-pin access to synth and guitar modelling systems by Roland, Boss, Axon, Anteres, and others.

IMG_2568_zps3mdsczh9.jpg

IMG_2573_zps9wubwllz.jpg

IMG_2308_zps28fb252c.jpg

image_zps3fc4f22b.jpg

Last edited:
I heard the Blackbird with the RMC pickup at HMS..sounds way better the ones with the regular pickups....

just wondering...how do you install the new pickup..do you have to get inside the uke body...can anyone do it?

Yes, the RMC pickups sounds FANTASTIC, especially if you have the preamp/EQ.

just wondering...how do you install the new pickup..do you have to get inside the uke body...can anyone do it?

I think it is fairly easy for anyone with basic luthiery skills.

1. remove strings and stock saddle
2. mark and drill 4 small holes underneath saddle for the piezo leads
3. choose where you want the output jack, drill correct size hole
4. solder the 4 leads plus a ground wire to the output jack
5. drill 2 small holes for screws that attach output jack to body, screw in
6. plug in and enjoy!

Yer killing me!!! LOL.

"Water water every where, but not a drop to drink.”

All these great MIDI uke choices that you've been offering and I've got no funds to act upon any of them.

The Blackbird tenor is also on my wishlist, along with the Godin MultiUke - dude you have great taste in ukes!

My birthday is in March. If they have not sold by then I may be able to make you an offer...

Uke is SOLD!

RMC parts still available.

Last edited:
Top Bottom