How I store straps on my ukes on the wall.

Olarte

Reaction score
I wanted to share how I keep straps on my Ukes and hang them neatly. I debated a long time on putting a strap on this concert (I only use them on tenors) but i eventually did. Anyway all my straps have a black hair ribbon with no metal parts. And I use the ribbon to fold and hold the strap behind the uke when hanging. It not only keeps things neat but also it serves as padding against the wall.

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

That's a good idea, Olarte, thanks. I've just been letting mine hang down the wall, or folding (wadding) them on the floor behind the floor stands.

Neatness counts! :eek:ld:

nice wall setup you got there..i do have a question i wanted to ask that i have been wondering about for awhile now. ive seen a lot of people hang their instruments on the wall or just keep it out in the open. are you ever worried the air will harm the instrument over time? you know how rubber can get brittle or wood can dry out if left sitting in the air too long, are you ever worried something like that woukd ever happen?

No I'm not worried I have a room humidifier that keeps the relative humidity at 45%

Haven't had any issues since 2007.

Top Bottom