NUD - Kala KA-ABP-CTG Acacia Cedar Top Baritone

Photojosh

Reaction score
As I've mentioned before, I've been looking for a baritone. And as I have also mentioned, I've been all over the place as far as buying cheap to give it a try or spending a bit more for an instrument that's a bit more to the level of my other wood ukes.

I ended up getting a chance to get a cosmetic damaged Kala Acacia Cedar Top (with the slot head and nice padauk binding) for a really smoking deal. I had a return option if it turned out to be more than cosmetic damage. So there wasn't a lot of risk.

I'm really pleased with it. I have no idea if I'm pleased with this particular instrument or if I'm just really enjoying the baritone sound. But either way, I'm pleased and having fun playing it. Yes, there's a ding on the top of the headstock. But the neck is straight, there are no other cracks/damage, intonation/action are good, no buzzing, etc.

Attachments

• baritone5.jpg
    baritone5.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 63
  • baritone4.jpg
    baritone4.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 60
  • baritone3.jpg
    baritone3.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 50
  • baritone2.jpg
    baritone2.jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 46
  • baritone1.jpg
    baritone1.jpg
    85.3 KB · Views: 44
Congrats! Most of the baris I see are so plain, but not this one. Very pretty.

Very nice! Love to hear your impressions after you bed it in.

I have that design in a tenor with cutaway and electronics, my best sounding and playing uke.

When these first came into HMS and they did their usual sound sample I was really impressed. Coupled with it's outstanding good looks and that uke is a winner. Congratulations :cool:

Last edited:
I have played a lot of ukes over the last ten years, and this is one of the best!

I got mine from Mike at Uke Republic. Every time I play mine, I cannot believe how great it sounds, feels, and looks - especially when you consider that it sells for under $300!

Great uke!

Top Bottom