Season 157 The Rainbow is Calling.

ukuloonie

Reaction score
This week for the seasons is all about COLOUR.
Songs that have colour in the title
Songs that talk about or have a Colour in the song
An artist or band that has a colour in it's name.
Fruit colours are not really a colour. e.g. peach, banana, etc.
and won't apply

Normal rules apply for the season, keep it clean no rude or swearing songs please.

New songs for the week please.

If you find you have a ton of songs bursting forth from your ukulele there is another thread they can go into.

if you find yourself going for the 'Yellow submarine' and 'Red Red wine' please torpedo it as they are songs I would rather never hear ever in my life as it is mighty painful to my ears.

Try finding something that is different to stretch your skills this week as this is a weekly challenge. Try songs that may need you to change the tuning of your Ukulele, if you bang the notes out of the ukulele try picking, if you have the same strum change it. if you end up singing love songs like me all the time find something with a bit o pizzazz. shake it up Baby.

Name will be pulled out the hat with a random prize that I can think of.

Thanks.

PLAYLIST
Bonus songs.

Last edited:
Nice one, Drew! I shall try to do a song that will be a challenge to me.

Nice theme Drew. I wish the song I practiced for 156 had a color on it. Everything else applies and no time to get her done. Oh well it was great practice. This should be fun:)

Nice theme Drew. I wish the song I practiced for 156 had a color on it. Everything else applies and no time to get her done. Oh well it was great practice. This should be fun:)

I've been preparing a couple songs for 156, and I'm not confident about one. It has "colour" in the title. Looks like it's meant for 157. I'm like a turtle at this. I practice all week, but get lucky to get a recording in time!

Look forward to hearing your songs I always enjoy them.

I've been preparing a couple songs for 156, and I'm not confident about one. It has "colour" in the title. Looks like it's meant for 157. I'm like a turtle at this. I practice all week, but get lucky to get a recording in time!

I know what you mean I still look forward to hearing your tune.

No swearing !!!!!!!!??

Uh oh .......there's a certain headless Bird who may be all at sea...........and nothing rude ???....well bug ......blow me ...down ...blow me down that's The Pink Piccolo Song out the window then.......best break out the bow and rotary sander for this one......

Well, I will probably not redo this for this Season, but I would love to see others do it. The world needs more "White Room" ukulele covers!

Chart is here.

I am planning to do it live with a full rock band on the 27th, and hope to get a good video of that ... but that will be too late for this Season.

Also, fellow Tom Lehrer club members or anyone who wishes to join our totally non-exclusive club ... this week is a THIRD chance in a row to do "When You Are Old and Gray".

multi tracking?

If you find you have a ton of songs bursting forth from your ukulele there is another thread they can go into.
a. super theme!

and b. i dunno if kept speed reading and missed it, but how many can we do and bring here?

No swearing !!!!!!!!??

Uh oh .......there's a certain headless Bird who may be all at sea...........
i never swear, it was someone else all together ("it was someone else!") playing those songs, stealing my uke and uh borrowing my shirts and camera angles, and generally giving me a bad name........ :uhoh:

For men, salmon will always be a fish, never a colour

Fruit colours are not really a colour. e.g. peach, banana, etc.
and won't apply

74KwNf

Lowering the tone

This week for the seasons is all about COLOUR.
Songs that have colour in the title
Songs that talk about or have a Colour in the song...
Should we assume that black, white and all 50 shades of grey are off the menu? Being as they're tones and not colours? And we wouldn't want to lower the tone, would we?

... keep it clean no rude or swearing songs please.

Last edited:
a. super theme!

and b. i dunno if kept speed reading and missed it, but how many can we do and bring here?

i never swear, it was someone else all together ("it was someone else!") playing those songs, stealing my uke and uh borrowing my shirts and camera angles, and generally giving me a bad name........ :uhoh:

I think I detect a problem with expanding beak syndrome :nana:

I love it when I wake up, see the new theme, and already now how to play the song I want to do.

Here is another in my "Need to play for the Seasons" list.

Should we assume that black, white and all 50 shades of grey are off the menu? Being as they're tones and not colours? And we wouldn't want to lower the tone, would we?

LOL
So, Paul, on a form, then, which asks for hair colour, we would write "none"? ... GD&R...

Actually blues, or blue shouldn't be used to describe someone unless he has the appropriate medical condition or symptom -- like cyanosis.

... though "salmon blues" makes a good song title ... hmmm...

Top Bottom