NUD....enjoying the crown

bassballz

Reaction score
Enjoying some gorgeous weather on this long holiday weekend with a new (used) uke to the stable. I missed one on the marketplace recently, but a fellow UU'er, Tukulele, stepped up with one he was willing to let go. I've been wanting one for a bit and thought it was time to pull the trigger on this crown-bridge Tenor.
A beautiful machine that plays like a dream.
Thanks Tu! I will enjoy.
DSCN0372.jpg

Congrats on getting "Crowned"

What is that green stuff in the background, I only recognize snow anymore.

Beautiful Koaloha, I guess you were just meant to own one of these because they are pretty rare. Congratulations on a gorgeous tenor.

Nice! Congratulations.

Thanks Y'all.
I've always been a soprano/concert guy, but am now exploring the beauty of low-G strung tenors. This one just sings to me....Lovin it!

Congratulations! I heard a concert from them the other day, wow, it sang!

That looks very nice.

Please excuse my total ignorance, but is this one rare or special?

Please enlighten me - thanks!

Booli...
From what I understand KoAloha started producing their tenors in 2001, using a bar bridge. They began using the crown bridge shortly thereafter. These were in production through mid 2000's (mine is a 2005) when they decided the crown bridges were too inticate/time consuming/costly to continue, and went to a production bow-tie style bridge for a bit. I'm not sure this makes the crown bridges any more special, but they are hard to find, and I like the look. I'm happy I found one.
Cheers.

Booli...
From what I understand KoAloha started producing their tenors in 2001, using a bar bridge. They began using the crown bridge shortly thereafter. These were in production through mid 2000's (mine is a 2005) when they decided the crown bridges were too inticate/time consuming/costly to continue, and went to a production bow-tie style bridge for a bit. I'm not sure this makes the crown bridges any more special, but they are hard to find, and I like the look. I'm happy I found one.
Cheers.

Ah. Ok. Thanks for clearing that up. So it is quite special and rare - at last seems that way to me by what you said.

I agree that it looks great too.

So good for you for finding one - all the best with it!:)

I'm kinda out of the loop on the subtle nuances of the K-Brands due to budget limits, and I dont want to start craving things that I cant have/afford, so I have not really researched them too much.

Hows the action up the neck on your crown?
I bought a 2008 Crown Tenor back in October. It already had a MISI pickup installed. I don't think the sanded down the nut when they installed it so my action is a little higher than I'd like. They also put the washers on incorrectly so the plug/strap button kept coming loose.

Other than that I think its great.

The member I picked this one up from had it professionally set up by a local luthier. The action is low and sweet, plays like butter, and intonation is pretty spot on up the fretboard.
I'm digging it!

Top Bottom