Ovation Applause UAE148 Acoustic-Electric Tenor Ukulele (Natural)

Status
Not open for further replies.

cigarfan

Reaction score
This uke is SOLD

With a built-in OP-24+ preamp, the UAE148 is ready to take the stage and hold its own in the mix with other amplified instruments. Built into a traditional tenor-size, this 16-7/8"-scale instrument has a cutaway shape that makes it easier to access the upper fretboard. The UAE148 features a solid spruce top and a rosewood fretboard for superb acoustic volume, excellent punch and balanced tone. Its multi-soundhole design with exotic hardwoods epaulets enhances string vibration and sustain, while also giving your audience something sweet to look at it as well. This 17-fret uke also features a rosewood bridge, chrome machines with amber knobs and Ovation's unique headstock.

Condition is *MINT*. Sounds really good plugged in. Not quite as loud acoustically as my other tenors but still a sweet sound.

Specs
Tenor ukulele
Acoustic-electric
Solid Spruce top
Rosewood fretboard
Rosewood bridge
Multi-soundhole epaulets made of exotic hardwoods
Cutaway body type
Dot fret inlays
Scale length: 16-7/8"
Nut width: 1-3/8"
Chrome machines with amber knobs
OP-24+ preamp
17 frets
Case included (purchased separately - $80)

Applause-UAE148-1.jpg

Applause-UAE148-2.jpg

Applause-UAE148-3.jpg

Applause-UAE148-4.jpg

Last edited:
In looking for more info on this uke, (which is pretty scarce) I came across a review by fellow UU brother Ian Chadwick.

I will share it here to save others the trouble of searching for it. Keep in mind, this is just but a single opinion.

http://www.vintageukemusic.com/ukuleles/applause.htm

I personally have no experience with Applause ukuleles.

Cigarfan - how difficult is it to change the battery?

Last edited:
@Booli

It's tricky but it took me all of 5 minutes. Not sure why some folks were talking 30 minutes.

I have had an Applause for many years. Outstanding value for the money. Also, Dennis is a great guy to deal with.

You cannot go wrong here.

I owned this uke in black. It was one of my first ukes...and it is one of the ones that I miss the most. (Right up there next to KoAloha SuperConcert, Kanilea K1-T, and a vintage Kamaka concert.) Great and unique instrument--awesome pickup, lots of fun times. GLWS.

These babies sound great plugged in.

I had one of these once, they are amazing ukes!

Good luck with the sale!

PM sent, Dennis.

Infecting the world with the love of ukulele one person at a time. This one is going to my brother! And two weeks ago I picked up a uke for my stepdad from HMS! Mwah, hah, hah!

Infecting the world with the love of ukulele one person at a time. This one is going to my brother! And two weeks ago I picked up a uke for my stepdad from HMS! Mwah, hah, hah!

You go for it man! :)

This uke is SOLD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom