Moore Bettah FS

*checks lottery ticket from last night*

Nope. Still not a winner. Guess I'll have to wait for the next one...

I love that rope binding!!! I'm sure someone will be very happy with that uke!

Thanks for posting the pics. I was wondering what it looked like since seller stated he bought it last year at the price it is for sale.

Someone will be happy with this one. No waiting. If I only had a money tree. hahaha

Mindboggling what people are willing to pay for one of these MBs these days. Just thinking...I could get a beautiful Pohaku concert, a Black Bear 3K style soprano, an Ono baritone and a Collings UC3 and still have change. WTF? I have been lucky to play 2 MB tenors and 2 MB sopranos in my time. All 4 superb, but seriously :stop:

Mindboggling what people are willing to pay for one of these MBs these days. Just thinking...I could get a beautiful Pohaku concert, a Black Bear 3K style soprano, an Ono baritone and a Collings UC3 and still have change. WTF? I have been lucky to play 2 MB tenors and 2 MB sopranos in my time. All 4 superb, but seriously :stop:

Yes, I have a MB but that's a lot more than I paid for mine. That amount of money would buy a lot of nice ukes.

It must be sold already, email gone so no pictures, you got to jump on these, if you want one..:)
Probably the hottest and most desired ukes on the planet, they are amazing in
Every aspect...tone and looks there is no better man

It will be interesting to see how fast it sells. If I was interested in gambling, it would be fun to wager how quick it sells.

It must be sold already, email gone so no pictures, you got to jump on these, if you want one..:)

Oops, I didn't see this post, before I entered my last one.

Nup. Still for sale mate.

A few months ago someone had an MB NSB tenor up on FMM and was asking $4500. It didn't sell for weeks, she dropped the price for a while to $3500, it still didn't sell. Then she sent it off on consignment somewhere. The one for sale now though is a much upgraded model. I guess its just a question of how much disposable income you have and how much you want it.

Chuck Moore makes really great instruments. No question about it. But there are other great instruments.

A few months ago someone had an MB NSB tenor up on FMM and was asking $4500. It didn't sell for weeks, she dropped the price for a while to $3500, it still didn't sell. Then she sent it off on consignment somewhere. The one for sale now though is a much upgraded model. I guess its just a question of how much disposable income you have and how much you want it.

Chuck Moore makes really great instruments. No question about it. But there are other great instruments.

I may have liked to have the NSB at $3500 if I known about it. Don't like a lot of bling. Like to let the gorgeous wood speak for itself.

Last edited:
I may have liked to have the NSB at $3500 if I known about it. Don't like a lot of bling. Like to let the gorgeous wood speak for itself.

She kept moving the price around at had it at $3500 for only a very brief time. I gave it some serious thought at that point. I do like some bling, but the NSB is really far from basic. I think it would have sold fairly quickly if she had kept the price there but she started with the price at $6500 and took a while to get it to $4500. I can see why the one on FMM might have cost $5800, but Chucks base price is $3500 for a tenor which is in line what a premium custom will cost from other builders like Ko'olau.

$5,800...
How much do you think the seller paid for it?
More or less than the asking price?

He says that he paid $5800 - and he might have. Chuck does do things for an up charge so maybe he added so many expensive extras that it got that high. Or, perhaps he bought it off a vendor who marked up the price.

This tenor looks like the same one reviewed in November by Andrew.
It is gorgeous.

http://www.theukulelereview.com/2014/11/21/moore-bettah-rope-bound-koa-tenor-ukulele/

xMoore-Bettah-Koa-Rope-Tenor-2.jpg.pagespeed.ic.9vw_WjPF60.webp

Top Bottom