LR Baggs 5.0 battery life

Phuufme

Reaction score
I was just wondering what others are finding for the battery life for their LR Baggs 5.0. We play 3 or 4 gigs a month, and while I do not exclusively play the uke for entire 2 to 3 hour gigs, it is plugged in for the entire gig. I'd like to head off a problem where it dies during a gig. :p

So, what are you finding for battery life? Does anyone have a way to test the battery?

Does anyone have a way to test the battery?

Is it a button cell?

If so, you can use an LED from radioshak. Button cells fit between the leads of the LED. Squeeze between the wires, flip squeeze. One of the directions should light up if it's live. If it's weak, you'll see it in the brightness of the light, which will waver too when it's low.

Red_led_x5.jpg

Is it a button cell?

If so, you can use an LED from radioshak. Button cells fit between the leads of the LED. Squeeze between the wires, flip squeeze. One of the directions should light up if it's live. If it's weak, you'll see it in the brightness of the light, which will waver too when it's low.

View attachment 76190

Yes a CR2032 I think. So I would need to first remove the battery from the unit in the uke body to test, correct? (sorry if this is a silly question).

you'd need to touch both sides of the battery, so probably you would need to remove it.
Or.. you could just replace them for each gig.

I just bought a bunch of cr2032's for snark tuners. You can get 100 of them for $15 delivered from evilbay. They have pretty long shelf lives. Like.. 7-10 years.

I've found that I get 8 hours +/- of good, strong signal before needing to change. It still goes well after that, but the sound degrades and starts to sag and distort in the low frequencies (feedback also becomes more common). Batteries are cheap. Play until you notice a change and then switch out.

Thanks for that. I've gone longer than 8 hours, but I also connect through a Boss 7-band EQ pedal with a volume control, so maybe I have not noticed the degradation. I guess I should get a battery tester and do the do.

thanks for this post. mine has been in over a year! the band I'm in is playing at a winery on thurs. I'll change it. I assume you take a string off abd pull the batt compartment off the velcro? I too got a whole card of them off the bay for very cheap.

Top Bottom