2 soprano for sale Timms & Regal (UK)

pondweed

Reaction score
2014 Timms (Honduran) with Worth Browns
Regal 1926 flamed Cuban Mahogany non Red-head with Worth Browns
PM for details; UK sale only.

Oh man. Would love to see pics of the Regal. VERY interested.

If you click on the web link in his signature you can see a video of one just like it (with the red head). It looks and sounds great!

Thanks brother. There's also an internal link to the actual uke for sale. Just checked it out. Didn't realise it was basically the wendall hall redhead style. Regal made some stunning custom sopranos in the 20'3 and 30's. Been looking for one for ages with the ivoroid bound body and fretboard and the dark finished hog.

The Timms has gone.

Either of the Regals can go, as they sound very similar and I can't play them both. Both super super light, loud and very purry.

I'm not averse to them going 'back the other way', just it seems a bit of a waste when you CAN find them in States occasionally!
The Redhead:20150207_7251.jpg20150207_7248.jpg

The non redhead is photographed here:
https://dailyukulele.wordpress.com/2012/05/20/28-1920s-regal-ukulele-chicago/

(Reason for sale - 1934 Austin... )

Last edited:
Oh man. Would love to see pics of the Regal.

At the risk of hi-jacking the thread (sorry O.P.)..... I think you wanted to see one like this

gleeclub-1.jpg

Very sweet little ukes. This one is "Gee Club" branded. When I play it I imagine that some preppy boy wearing a sorority scarf serenaded his sweety in a canoe with it.
Seems we have similar tastes Mr Eugene - I also have a Johnny Marvin like the one you've been sporting in a few vids lately....
Back to the thread... it's a pleasure to own and play these old Regals. Jump in - it's a great ride.

Nice to see that photo. A bit heavier with the fretboard and a higher bridge, but wood is all the same source!
These two simplest Regals are about 240 grammes... Quite remarkable.

Top Bottom