Teton Tenor Solid Body Hole Diameter?

Reaction score
Is there anyone out with a teton tenor solid body with the hole in the center not offset (they may be the same size) that can measure the dimensions of it and give me the size of the diameter?

I'm waiting on mine in the mail and can be crafting the insert I want to make for it while I wait.

Thanks

2 3/8" (offset) I love my Tetons. I have two, a concert and a tenor. Besides having really nice necks and a nice design, it is really useful to be able to play and listen through headphones. I was down at the Hawaii Music supply site last year and Cory and a buddy of his were enjoying playing my Teton. Okay, they don't carry them. I prefer my Teton to the Risa stick I had. I just really like having a headstock and the weight and balance of a regular uke. A solid uke also avoids the feedback you can get from a hollow body. I had a Kala archtop that I liked but the Teton is more practical and no feedback. I'm taking one on a bike trip this summer. They play loudly enough that you can hear it without headphones. Enjoy.

They're not, however, as nice as my Pono TE-C which takes it to another level. But, I wouldn't take my Pono on a bike trip. The Teton does sound as good as the amp.

The pono is what I wanted, but I am moving into a house into a couple months and that extra $300 difference could be an appliance. Ive been talking with an expirienced forum member and he agreed that the teton would fill my needs for a silent uke for practicing.
Thank you, this means that a standard soda soda can might be too big for a mold. I will need to use a keystone beer can or a red bull can bottom for the mold.

Depending upon what you are crafting, maybe one of these will suffice...

http://lutehole.com/

Those are very cool!

:agree: - That is why I went and got me one of these (which I found used at a great price):

Flea_Designer-393-T.jpg

Not solid-body, but a TENOR Flea with a walnut top and birch rosette, with the rosewood fretboard, as seen here.

This uke satisfies my interest in the Lute-Hole, as well as my interest in a tenor Flea, which are rumored to be discontinued soon.

WOW...That rosette adds so much eye appeal!
:agree: - That is why I went and got me one of these (which I found used at a great price):

Flea_Designer-393-T.jpg

Not solid-body, but a TENOR Flea with a walnut top and birch rosette, with the rosewood fretboard, as seen here.

This uke satisfies my interest in the Lute-Hole, as well as my interest in a tenor Flea, which are rumored to be discontinued soon.

WOW...That rosette adds so much eye appeal!

They also have one with the wood selection inverse, i.e., birch top and walnut rosette:

Flea_Designer-392-T.jpg

as well as models of thier Fluke ukulele with similar contrasting top wood/rosette:

Fluke_Designer-393-T.jpg
Fluke_Designer-392-T.jpg
Fluke_Designer-394-T.jpg

Those are cool, but nah. Not for the faux sound hole on the Teton. After I measured cans it turns out that a 24 oz can is too small. I need to find me some 32 oz Fosters Beer cans. Girlfriends gonna be mad when I come home with 3 of them for "quality control." Lmao

I will post pics when its done bc I think I may start a trend for electric cosmetics. Lol

Top Bottom