WTB: Nakamura Takashi Swing Jazz

TLab3000

Reaction score
Guten Abend

I want to buy Nakamura Takashi's Swing Jazz Songbook. Unfortunately, that stores that have it in stock won't ship to Germany, and those who do ship to Germany don't have it in stock.
Anyone here willing to sell me this book and send it to Germany? It's really just a big letter and not to complicated or expensive to post.

Thanks!

Timo

Hi,

I used a Japanese buying service to buy this book and had it shipped to the U.S. The service I used is http://www.fromjapan.co.jp . I purchased the book from rakuten through their website. I picked a seller who shipped the book free to them, so I saved on shipping. I only paid for the book, shipping to me, and their buying fee, which is not expensive. I've used FromJapan for about a year and half. They do not gouge you on shipping and charge you the actual shipping price.

Last edited:
Thanks, Justin. It's a good advice, that I just do not take. And who would have thought... it figures. Dammit, Alanis!

Well, seriously, it's good advice. It may sound stupid, but I don't want to use such a service. Actually, I have my own personal Japanese buying and shipping service. It's called "the in-laws". It's extremely inexpensive, albeit extremely slow... I actually don't want to burden my in-laws. They live in the middle of nowhere and the next post office is more than an hour away. But it would also feel funny to use such a buying/shipping service instead of asking the in-laws. I know, it's stupid.

Also, I've recently bought two books from amazon Japan which was a very pleasing experience. Airmail p&p was 1500 Yen and I got the books three frakin' days after having placed the order! Amazing! Usually takes twice as long to send a letter from the UK to Germany...
Anyway, fromjapan would have been a bit more than 2600 Yen for air mail or 1500 Yen for the cheapest and slowest option. Maybe it's because they don't send letters, but small packets, instead.

Okay, I'm being unreasonable. You're right. If no one on this forum has this book for sale, I will use such a service.

Thanks and cheers

Timo

They will give you different shipping options after they receive the package. I paid 1500 yen for Express Air Mail. I received the book in about the 4 days to the U.S. from Japan.

I've also used the company for very heavy items. I've had some items that weighed around a 100 pounds shipped to me. I use Fedex when shipping heavy items. It is actually not too bad for shipping.

One thing that I would tell you is that I was told by several sellers that the publisher is out of stock now on this book. So, you may want to order it soon.

I also purchased Ukulele Jazz. The Ukulee Jazz book seems to have a little more finger picking which I like. The Swing Jazz has more of an emphasis on different strumming techniques. If you enjoy playing Jazz, I suggest picking up this DVD Lyle's Style
http://www.amazon.com/Lyles-Style-Ukelele-Lyle-Ritz/dp/B002BX7TG2 . He goes over 7 of his songs and how to play them. You also get the pdf files for the song. One nice thing about Lyle's DVD is that it will get you comfortable with jazz chords. He plays all over the fret board. I've found that using his book first has made approaching these other books much easier.

Here is a video link to Nakamura, the author of Swing Jazz playing some of the songs from the book. He has about 7 songs from his book on video. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GGyOWD_rFyM

Last edited:
Thanks again, Justin. I'll order the book today.

I also purchased Ukulele Jazz. The Ukulee Jazz book seems to have a little more finger picking which I like. The Swing Jazz has more of an emphasis on different strumming techniques.

"Ukulele Jazz" by Kiyoshi Kobayashi? I've bought that one, too, and enjoy it a lot!

I also got "Jazz Standard Ukulele" by Yosuke Miyajima. The recordings on the CD are always two ukulele tracks and backing instruments. I expected this to be a "solo" book and I'm not sure whether the arrangements sound good when played on one single uke. I'll try and tell.

Timo... FYI...There ares several places on eBay that have the book and ship worldwide. $46 eur + shipping.
Good luck.

Top Bottom