Black Bear Koa Soprano w/UPT Tuners

Status
Not open for further replies.

specialk13

Reaction score
SOLD

Up for sale I have a 2010 Black Bear soprano in koa with a mahogany neck. It's in excellent shape overall, no dents, dings, or scratches, just the usual strum marks on the top from being played. I replaced the original Grover friction tuners with Gotoh UPT planetary gears and they are fantastic, definitely a nice upgrade. this uke has a rosewood fretboard, bridge, and peghead overlay. It also has the inlayed bear on the headstock instead of the painted on one.
This is one of the best BB ukes I have owned (I've had quite a number of them now), the sound is sweet, warm, and very bell-like. The neck is perfect as is the string height, no buzzing and it plays and sounds great up and down the fretboard. The included hardshell case is one of the nicest I've seen aside from Collings and Ameritage, it's made by DATT in Canada and is very stout. I haven't seen another one and don't know anything about their company.
This is a great uke and if I didn't have one just like it then I would keep it!

Last edited:
Another ripper Black Bear. Someone please move this quick. aaaarrrrgghhhh...killin me Kyle. :)

Oh my I just spent my monthly ukulele allotment on a banjo uke from the 20's. Man if this sits here too long I might have to sell things.

~AL~

Oh my I just spent my monthly ukulele allotment on a banjo uke from the 20's. Man if this sits here too long I might have to sell things.

~AL~

Yo, Al, set up a tattoo party like they do down here in Chester, PA. Put all profits toward this piece. These Black Bears are tried-and-true. You just can't do better, and I know this for a fact. Worth every cent spent. -- Matt

PM sent.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom