The War of the Worlds - The Eve of the War solo cover

Good job. You're only the second person I've heard play this song on the uke. ChrisDeston821 played it a year ago when we had a science fiction theme for the 117th Season of the Ukulele. The only suggestion I've got is that the song should end on Dm rather than D.

Are you looking to do the entire War of the Worlds (or most of it)? The only song I've played is Forever Autumn. I keep meaning to take a stab at "The Artilleryman and the Fighting Machine", but so far I've never made the time. And for people who multi-track, "Horsell Common" has a melody that would sound great on a tiple. If you do more, I look forward to hearing it. I'm always glad to hear more people play progressive rock on the ukulele!

Thanks for the feedback, yes I agree. The Dm would be a better chord to finish on. Thanks for the tip!

I've been thinking about doing the majority of the album, but doing a similar thing to this arrangement and condensing the songs into 2 minute snapshots. Some of the songs will translate to uke much better than others. I've already started on a version of horsell common, but as you can imagine it is extremely stripped back! I'll post it up once I'm happy with it.

I think that Artillery Man and The Fighting Machine will sound awesome on ukulele, but it would need a lot of time in arranging to do it justice. I'm sure I'll get round to it at some point!

I don't know whether you can read music, but I figured out the synth melody in "Artilleryman and the Fighting Machine" last night and wrote it down here. At least, the chords might be useful. I haven't figured out yet how to best play this on a uke.

Artilleryman and the Fighting Machine.Synth Melody.jpg

Wow, thanks a lot for this that will be incredibly useful.

I'm hoping that I should be able to play my stripped back Horsell Common well enough by the weekend and put a video up. I've also been working on arranging Forever Autumn while trying to avoid simply copying Colin Tribe's brilliant arrangement. My plan is that once I've tackled those two songs I'll have a stab at 'Artilleryman' and then if I'm still motivated enough I'll look at Thunder Child. Then I will have the first part done. I'll probably need a break from it for a while after that!

wow this is truly great!! I love the whole album and you do it great justice. Thanks for making my day
cheers

Top Bottom