NUD (Englemann Spruce Top - Brazillian Back, Sides with Sound Port)

Ukejungle

Reaction score
Very Nice Ukulele - Bright Sound, crisp, lots of clarity. Strung with Craig Brandau Custom Savarez set Low G. Love the sound port, adds the brightness that I was looking for when playing. Brian had this RW for years, decided to build a uke. Ebony radius finger board , flamed maple binding, Well Worth the wait. www.griffinukukleles.com

Attachments

• Griff2 #3.jpg
    Griff2 #3.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 101
  • Griff2 Top Side Port.jpg
    Griff2 Top Side Port.jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 95
  • Griff2 #4.jpg
    Griff2 #4.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 77
  • Griff2 Back 1.jpg
    Griff2 Back 1.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 87
  • Griff2 Front.jpg
    Griff2 Front.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 95
Last edited:
Man oh Man that is beautiful. I love how he book matched the back with the lighter colour in the middle. Much more classy looking than the usually sap wood white strip. The rosette looks interesting, can you do a close up picture. I am guessing it sounds as good as it looks, which is pretty spectatular. Congratulations on a gorgeous ukulele.

Very nice!

Uke Jungle ... B-A-U-tiful. Love the body, and the choice of wood on it. Congratulations.

Woah, very nice looking uke! Darn you, you got my UAS aroused again, just as I was entering a recovery stage. Not sure I would have placed that big ol g at the top, in cursive it might have looked nicer (to me) but that is some awesome looking wood in the back, and I love the contrasting neck and headstock!....congratulations, you must like it a lot! Nice that it came with a side sound port, how does it sound?
You should post some more pics on the Uke p*** thread for us to drool at!

Ukejungle, Delighted that you like it. Small correction. The neck is not Port Orford Cedar, it is Alaska Cedar, a close relative and not a cedar at all, Really in the Cypress family. Both woods are very strong, very stable and very light. Great wood used for years for ribs in wooden boats. I really like it for necks and for its color contrast.

I was lucky enough to get the "brother" of Ukejungles' Spruce/Brazilian tenor. Mines a Redwood top with East Indian Rosewood back and sides with a thin, fast, low actioned mahogany neck with a J radius. A J radius is radiused on the right side of the fretboard and flat on the left; Interesting and a setup I like alot. Of the 5 I own/owned ;3 tenors, a soprano and concert Pinecone, this one is the best. Will post photos here soon.

Thanks Brian for making such wonderful ukes.

Top Bottom