A New Uke Strap For My New Uke...

Ukebum

Reaction score
I've seen some really cool uke strap posts here lately. I've noticed very unique and creative strap ideas that people have come up with to provide functionality, as well as add individual style to their ukuleles. I just got a new uke and decided it would be fun to make a strap to go with it. I love seeing all of the posts of new ukes and accessories for them, so I thought I'd show the strap that I made to see what people thought...as long as I can figure out the whole photo upload thing! Hopefully you can see pictures along with this text...

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 81
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 49
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 46
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 46
Looks cool. How was it done?

Thanks. It is hand tooled leather. I dyed it to match the uke somewhat, and backed it with felt to make it more comfortable.

I've seen some really cool uke strap posts here lately. I've noticed very unique and creative strap ideas that people have come up with to provide functionality, as well as add individual style to their ukuleles. I just got a new uke and decided it would be fun to make a strap to go with it. I love seeing all of the posts of new ukes and accessories for them, so I thought I'd show the strap that I made to see what people thought...as long as I can figure out the whole photo upload thing! Hopefully you can see pictures along with this text...

That looks really cool. The embossed text has sort of a "western/cowboy" font. Are the letters made with a stamping tool of some kind?

I'd love to learn how to do this kind of art/crafting with leather.

That looks super classy and goes well with your uke! Thanks for sharing!

I appreciate all of the kind comments. I didn't use any stamps. I traced the letters from a font that I thought would look good, and I drew the music notes. After tracing them onto the leather I cut and tooled them.

Top Bottom