Getting my act together

studemobile

Reaction score
Not sure if this is the correct forum for this but here goes. I am interested in performing my folk singing-uke playing at local farmers markets. I have been requested to provide a link so the administrator can get a sample of my performance. My question is: would You Tube be the best way to do this or is their another-better way?
Thanks in advance,
Stu

Take a look at Youtube, Soundcloud and Reverbnation. Good luck and enjoy! :music:

I use YouTube for all my videos for others to see; a sample of a bass conversion I did, also performances with the CC Strummers I belong too, including at a farmers market (see next post). You can use a smart phone (I used two small camcorders). Try one just as a test and see how you like it, you can always delete it if it's not good.

Last edited:
You can use Dropbox to share video as well without making it public and open to comments/likes/dislikes a la YouTube or Vimeo. I would think they would want a sample of the whole performance, not just audio, in which your stage presence won't always come across.

I'm the guy in the white hat.

Love the kids dancing at the end. Looked like great fun.
I hope you get as much enjoyment studemobile.

You can make You Tube videos "unlisted" and only people who have the link can view them. You can also disable comments on You Tube videos if you wish. You Tube also have a "Private" setting which only a very restricted group of people can view. I believe Vimeo have a similar set of settings though theirs operates differently. In both cases search in Help for Security to find out more.

Personally, I'm perfectly happy for anyone to view my videos. That's why I put them there. The only ones I have
restricted at all are some family ones.

Good luck with your venture. Our band have played at a local farmer's market. It's good fun.

I don't usually knock something in my posts, but in this case I will, the worst thing a web site can do is automatically play audio. I instantly closed Diana's page because of it. If that's the way artistcard works, I'm not a fan.

It works great with promoters and venues. It's a quick, free way to get the press kit out. If you look into it, you don't have to add audio and the people looking at the page can select the video to watch. Ric

Many thanks to everyone for your suggestions. I'm sure to utilize!
Thumb and Strum,
Stu

Top Bottom