Kala tenor hardcase? Anyone familiar with it?

wickedwahine11

Reaction score
I currently have one of the nylon exterior hard foam Kala cases for my tenor Kanile'a, but I've been thinking about investing in a hard case for better protection (and also just because I like the looks of them better).

Does anyone know anything about this Kala tenor deluxe hard case that MGM currently has for sale?
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=330296716639

It looks sort of like leather, but maybe it is plastic. Does anyone out there have experience with this case (owning it, or even just seeing it in person)?

MGM shipped my Kanile'a soprano in a Kala hard case. It is very nice! I like the Ko'olau/O'ahu cases a bit better, mostly because the latch hardware seems a wee bit more substantial and the vinyl (not cheap-feeling) covering doesn't have any binding at the lower edge of the case, leaving some potential for wear along the raw edge (to be sure - the finish and gluing is VERY well done, so it will take quite some time!)

I would have preferred an O'ahu case - but this was included with the uke and it is no slouch, quality-wise!

A better fit is a Koolau or Oahu case the kalas fit a kanilea but very snug the oahu and koolau are perfect for it. Mgm

Thanks for the input Mike. That is too bad. I really wanted a hard case that also had a strap attached to it...

Top Bottom