Barnes and Mullins UBJ1 Banjolele???

It's pretty much the same as most of the Asian Goldtone clones (Rally, Eddie Finn, etc.). Mine is a Rally and looks identical. Are you in the UK? Can get some awfully spiffy vintage banjo ukes for that kind of money on ebayUK

Last edited:
I also have a Rally, for which I paid about $175 including shipping. This was after I had returned a Goldtone that cost at least twice the money and didn't play well at all.

Just curious, have you really thought the banjolele thing through? I thought I'd be playing mine a lot and now it rarely comes out of the case. I've found that the tone kind of limits me to Hee Haw music and the volume is way too loud to sing along with. I kind of regret having bought it, but I don't want to talk you out of it!

Banjo Ukulele

Location really does help sellers know if a reply to your request is reasonable. Eddy Finn has three different models--and three different features and prices. They recently have had a sale to dealers, and I have several of each in stock for sale. Out of country would be cost prohibitive, even if I sold them at $25.00 above my cost. I know SHS International has dealers on the other side of the pond.

Did you ever buy that Barnes and Mullins UBJ1? I'm now looking at getting one, and the reviews I've read look pretty good.

A friend of mine just bought that new GoodTimes banjolele. She shopped extensively, and she loves this thing. They are perfect for Irish music, and clawhammer!

Did you ever buy that Barnes and Mullins UBJ1? I'm now looking at getting one, and the reviews I've read look pretty good.

I own and have reviewed the Rally Version of this instrument,

https://youtu.be/i9d1hLkj6wI

I've fitted a Vellum (Calf skin head) to it since the review and adjusted the nut a little but it is a well made instrument. They are VERY loud. I don't really play it at home but I do use it to busk un-amplified. You do need to sing reasonably loudly to balance with the instrument but that's what you need to do when busking un-amplified.

Anthony

Well, I did it. Bought it from a local music shop, who will be shipping it to me once it's set up (I should get it on Thursday). I'll let you know what I think. So, anyone know any ABS cases that will fit it?

I own and have reviewed the Rally Version of this instrument,

https://youtu.be/i9d1hLkj6wI

I've fitted a Vellum (Calf skin head) to it since the review and adjusted the nut a little but it is a well made instrument. They are VERY loud. I don't really play it at home but I do use it to busk un-amplified. You do need to sing reasonably loudly to balance with the instrument but that's what you need to do when busking un-amplified.

Anthony

Me too!...................

I intend to swap the strings for Aquilas, but it seems like a lot of hassle changing the the vellum and I don't have a clue how to tell if it's tight enough or not.

I intend to swap the strings for Aquilas, but it seems like a lot of hassle changing the the vellum and I don't have a clue how to tell if it's tight enough or not.

Well I didn't change the head to a Velum myself. I paid a luthier to change it. It does sound good now.

Anthony

Top Bottom