Hi from Seattle, Washington US

turtlebook

Reaction score
Newbie from Seattle, Washington

Hello! Born and raised in NY, living here in Cascadia for 23 years now, I just started learning the uke a couple of months ago. I was a flute/recorder player and singer before that, always wanted to accompany myself on guitar, but never got the hang of it.

I joined UU recently and got great, friendly help identifying my lovely little $5 thrift store uke (cute little red Harmony, 50s/60s), and great advice on beginning uke videos on YouTube. I'm something of a turtle, due to some physical limitations, but I'm making my way on 3 basic strumming patterns, plus one arpeggio. Looking forward to participating in this neat online community, and also learning a bunch of songs from my eclectic vocal repertoire of folk, pop, rock, and other. :)

Cheers!

Last edited:
Last edited:
Wow, PhilUSAFret, your playalong list is a treasure trove, thanks so much! Is it okay to query you about your suggested strumming or arpeggio patterns when I am lost with a particular song? Or is it best to post to "song help"?

Thanks again, wishing you a pleasant, musical day.

Blythe

Greetings and welcome. Glad you joined us. Here's one of my coolest playalong links. Make sure you choose your tuning first: http://www.ukulele.nl/playalong/#

Top Bottom