A string all of a sudden REALLY tinny sounding, any ideas?

laxinthe303

Reaction score
I have a Lanikai concert Uke of which the A string is suddenly VERY tinny sounding. It just happened. Any ideas of what this could be indicative of?

I checked the body of the uke for cracks, tried loosening it then retightening it. It almost seems like the string is stretched too tight to maintain the A.

(I am going to restring the Uke in less than a week, I went to restring it and D'addario sent me classical guitar strings instead of Uke strings)

I have a Lanikai concert Uke of which the A string is suddenly VERY tinny sounding. It just happened. Any ideas of what this could be indicative of?

(I am going to restring the Uke in less than a week, I went to restring it and D'addario sent me classical guitar strings instead of Uke strings)

First, its a Lanikai, and you probably have some tinny strings.

Second, you probably ordered Pro Arte `Ukulele Strings. Good choice. D'Addario "regular" `ukulele strings leave a lot to be desired.

I left my uke in the car on a very hot day. The temperature was high enough to make the strings go very slack. When I brought them back up to tension, they sounded really crappy. Once they've been stretched beyond a certain point, they are dead.

Ukantor.

Top Bottom