NUD: KoAloha Opio Concert

cptdean

Reaction score
My wife just sent me a picture to let me know my new Opio arrived. I guess it'll have plenty of time to acclimate before I get home 5 hours from now.

I ordered it from HMS (obviously) and had them upgrade the tuners to the new Gotoh UPT. I'll update with more pics later.

EDIT: Unboxed pics on Page 2!

:D

HMS.jpeg

Last edited:
what is in the smaller box?....:)

what is in the smaller box?....:)

My wife finds out I spent $400+ on a uke, she orders something too .... anxious to hear your report on the Opio ... have considered one myself, but keep buying others that I stumble upon.

It hasn't been an easy wait, that's for sure. Still have an hour of work to go. :(

Ok.......this is one of the better tease threads in a while, a picture of a box. Guess you figured we could suffer the wait along with you.

I had to endure 5 hours at home LOOKING at the box when my Mya Moe showed up. It was frigid cold out so had to wait for it to come up to room temperate. That is worse than sticking needles in your eyes.

I am guessing all other things have been put aside so you can spend some serious playing time with the new girl. Enjoy it they are great instruments, you'll love the sound in person.

Yep, misery loves company, so I'm glad y'all are waiting with me! If there is a silver lining, it's that I do NOT have to stare at the box for hours when I get home. It should be ready to go.

As for setting aside time? My wife has been home with our 2-year-old and 2-month-old all day, and both are still under the weather. I think I'll have just enough time to tune it, strum it, take a few pics for the forum, and try again tomorrow night. Such is life!

Yay Opio! Enjoy!

I pulled it from its case as soon as I got home, strummed it once, and my daughter immediately began yelling, "NOOOOOOO GUITAR!," followed by, "Throw it in trash?" Undeterred, I tuned it strummed a few chords, and instantly admired the rich tones that poured forth. Folks, I'm chuffed!

I'm exceedingly impressed with the build quality, fit, finish, and tone of this little ukulele. It easily matches some of the nicer guitars I've owned, and is better than most others. Also, HMS did a mighty fine job with setup and installing the Gotoh tuners (which are extremely nice).

That's enough gushing for now. Here are some pics!

01.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg

04.jpg

That is a very beautiful ukulele! I hope you record a sound sample! Congratulations!

Congrats. A real sweetie

Thanks, everyone! I'll make a lame attempt at recording a sound sample in the next few days and post it to this thread. I'd like to say again how happy I am with HMS. There were no rough spots in my buying experience, and I'd gladly do it again.

Top Bottom