pono baritone. Recommend strings?

pcyphert

Reaction score
I am ordering a pono MB baritone and wondering what strings to order to have on hand. I am looking at the Worth set and wondering if I should go with the clear or the brown. Any thoughts or recommendations?

Southcoasts

D'addario pro arte classical guitar strings, normal tension. Use the middle 4 strings (ADGB) to tune to DGBE.

Gets me my favourite results

There are as many answers as there are players. My baritone is currently tuned to A ("a step high") using Southcoast HML-CM combination of flat wound and steel strings. It also sounds good tuned "Low G" with lighter strings.

I don't like Aquilas for low-strung applications because my fingers love Love LOVE squeaking, but some folks love them. I also tried Reds but didn't like the feel.

Other players reach different conclusions. Best bet is to try a few and see what makes it play like you want it.

There are as many answers as there are players. My baritone is currently tuned to A ("a step high") using Southcoast HML-CM combination of flat wound and steel strings. It also sounds good tuned "Low G" with lighter strings.

Could you please put a short sound sample of this!!! Really want to try this set up too!

D'addario pro arte classical guitar strings, normal tension. Use the middle 4 strings (ADGB) to tune to DGBE.

Gets me my favourite results

Brilliant. I will definitely try that.

Top Bottom