Andrew Kitakis: Thank you for your Web Site

katysax

UU VIP
UU VIP
Reaction score
The Hawaii Music Supply website - the ukulele site - is the best (ukulele) p*** site on the web. Almost every day there is something new and interesting posted on the front page.

It takes an incredible amount of work to keep a web site that current. Either Andrew has to spend the time himself or shell out the money for an employee. Whichever he does it is really quite an investment in our community and his market. Not only does he keep the content fresh, but he makes those fabulous videos with Corey or Aaron playing that are always fun to watch and listen to. The commitment and dedication that it takes to keep that going is considerable. Of course all those great pictures and videos keep the UAS fires stoked, but the site is very informative and entertaining. I know it is a lot of work and really appreciate it.

I love HMS, I browse it every day!

I agree, it is the best uke p*** and the worst for stimulating my UAS. The website is so good, I try to stay away.

Well said Sherry. Wonderful site. Wonderful service. Wonderful people. They're a blessing to our community.

Certainly the "Gold Standard" for classy uke seller's website.

I agree with the above. I consider their site a library of uke acoustics. It's really amazing how different wood combinations and sizes mix to produce different tones and acoustics. Since I would have to drive several hours to see any sort of halfway decent selection of ukes, I really appreciate their effort in producing their videos. I just wish that they had a common intro to their uke demos. Then it would be a bit easier comparing ukes.

I bought one uke from them and they will get my business in the future. Now if I could only figure out how to play half as well as Corey, I'd be thrilled! Time to go play...

I will echo everyones sentiment, truly a remarkable effort and contribution for all of us ukulele enthusists. I have learned so much and been exposed to such a great variety of instruments because of Andrews efforts.

Hear, hear! I love HMS's website. It's miles beyond the rest, and is something for other sellers to aspire to. If I built ukes, I would certainly want them sold there. (not that I don't love Mims and Uke Republic, I do)
I too enjoy the videos a lot, Mim has done some neat ones too. The guys that work at HMS are fantastic players! The photography is always 1st rate. Someday I hope I can visit the store, not just the website.

I consider their site a library of uke acoustics

To this end, maybe Andrew would like to keep a separate section of all the unique ukes sold through them. The production models are probably not needed, just the custom ones or the limited editions.

Just a thought :)

Love, love, love the site (as well as The Ukulele Review). My wife jokingly calls The Ukulele Site my 'uke p*** site. I'm on it a lot. A whole lot.

Don't forget to buy some of your uke's from Andrew and team. It's not ad supported, folks. ;-)

E

Curiosity got me again and I ventured over to their site to see what's new. I found they have a new demo video up of Corey just killing it on the new Rebel thin concert. He must have had an extra shot of caffene, cause he's playing it like his fingers are on fire! All I can say is WOW! I have no idea how he does it but I sure enjoy watching him play. What a treat.

Curiosity got me again and I ventured over to their site to see what's new. I found they have a new demo video up of Corey just killing it on the new Rebel thin concert. He must have had an extra shot of caffene, cause he's playing it like his fingers are on fire! All I can say is WOW! I have no idea how he does it but I sure enjoy watching him play. What a treat.

He practices... a lot.
The only way you can get speed and accuracy like that is if you build it from the ground up, and spend time in building it up.
If you look at one of the earlier vids where he attempts this, he tries going this fast but loses his place! Gotta love Corey.. one of the best and most humble 'uke players in the business

Top Bottom