Kuni Matsui Diaz Replica In Tenor Scale

Status
Not open for further replies.
that thing's gorgeous for sure!

A great looking Uke. I wish my DaSilva Martin Style 3 had a 1 1/2 inch wide neck.
Good luck with the sale.

Great tone ... when someone lists a Uke as a "Replica" ... what does that mean exactly? In my mind I think copy ... not fake ... but I am wondering ... thanks.

The space between strings is really great.

Good luck with it.

Great tone ... when someone lists a Uke as a "Replica" ... what does that mean exactly? In my mind I think copy ... not fake ... but I am wondering ... thanks.

The space between strings is really great.

Good luck with it.

As far as I know, Diaz did not make a tenor so neither "replica" or "copy" as a descriptor really fits. I guess that's why HMS used the phrase "replica in a tenor scale" when they first offered it for sale.

As far as I know, Diaz did not make a tenor so neither "replica" or "copy" as a descriptor really fits. I guess that's why HMS used the phrase "replica in a tenor scale" when they first offered it for sale.

Okay. Thanks for your description.

A very beautiful instrument. The fifth photo with the strip down the middle of the back creates a great effect. I don't think I've ever seen that kind of strip before. Must be a name for that technique. Maybe someone could name it.

And I don't mean something like "Arthur".

Jeff

A very beautiful instrument. The fifth photo with the strip down the middle of the back creates a great effect. I don't think I've ever seen that kind of strip before. Must be a name for that technique. Maybe someone could name it.

And I don't mean something like "Arthur".

Jeff

It's very similar to a "herringbone" pattern.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom