who has the best uke inventory

thistle3585

Reaction score
Who has the best online selection of new and or used concert ukuleles? A friend wants to buy her husband a ukulele with a $400-$600 budget. I'd like to refer them to a site that has a good selection and knowledgeable staff in which they can call and discuss what they are looking for.

Who has the best online selection of new and or used concert ukuleles? A friend wants to buy her husband a ukulele with a $400-$600 budget. I'd like to refer them to a site that has a good selection and knowledgeable staff in which they can call and discuss what they are looking for.

hard to beat http://www.theukulelesite.com

Other shops with good selections:

Elderly: http://www.elderly.com
Gryphon: http://www.gryphonstrings.com
Bernunzio: http://www.bernunzio.com

I would without any hesitancy, recommend Hawaii Music Supply. They have an assortment of instruments with different price points as well as a knowledgeable staff who will work with you.

I would without any hesitancy, recommend Hawaii Music Supply. They have an assortment of instruments with different price points as well as a knowledgeable staff who will work with you.

+1000

They've weeded out the chaff from the wide catalogs. If it's not a good value, they wont carry it. They may not have the lowest prices on the internet on everything, but they are very competitive, and for that extra couple bucks, you get assurance that you'll get an instrument that was checked out, and that you'll get the absolute best support and assurance that you'll be happy with your purchase.

Judging from some of the posts and signatures I've seen, I'd say the best inventory belongs to some of the members here on UU. :p

Otherwise, I'd echo the other comments about HMS. That's were I just bought mine.

I have had good experiences with HMS, MIMs, Uke Republic, Elderly Instruments, North Carolina Ukulele Academy, Mainland Ukulele- people you can talk to and will respond to your email questions or by phone.

I agree HMS probably has the most, but Mim and the Uke Republic should also be considered. They are both big supporters of the greater Ukulele community
Cliff

Since the Op asked for "new and or used"

I am quite confused by many responses (for USED ukes), and surprised nobody mentioned Jake Wildwood at all.

Does HMS even sell USED ukes??? Never seen them sell USED, NOR MIM or Uke Republic. (but maybe I've just missed the sales listing)

Seems like all the recommendations are for NEW ukes.

If I am incorrect, please enlighten me.

Okay, HMS has sold used instruments in the past, guess you just missed them. The ones I've seen have been quality instruments and they were steeply discounted and they didn't last long. As far as I know there is no separate section for used, I've only encountered them when browsing by price.

Somebody mentioned the UU membership, so yeah, our marketplace would be the best place to shop for used.

I say go with Mim, if anything else, shipping costs are lower.

I say go with Mim, if anything else, shipping costs are lower.

if you shop at HMS and your uke is under $400.00...you do have to pay shipping but they have a contract with FedEx for two day delivery..Hawaii to Boston approx. $25.00...seems pretty fair to me...and to Calif a little cheaper......:)

just keeping it real....since I live on Oahu I just shop on the Island.....

Last edited:
Elderly Instruments has both new and used ukes.

A vintage Martin soprano can be had in that price range, mine was $500. No uke collection should be without one and you won't believe how loud it is. I know that wasn't your question but I love to spend other peoples money.. ;)

Top Bottom