Teton electric question about the battery

Reaction score
Teton arrived today, and I'm not sure how to "power it down."
Do I:
  • just turn the volume knob down?
  • disconnect any input or output cords from it?
  • have to take the battery out?

Dumb question but I'm lost. It came with a Duracell and I don't want to drain a nice fresh 9v.

Thanks

Last edited:
I don't have a Teton, but when I had an Eleuke, I just made sure it was unplugged from guitar cables. That drains the battery for sure.

That's what I was assuming, that an electrical connection was being engaged when something is plugged into it. And when you have a thick guitar cable that is 10ft or so that's a lot of metal to conduct with. Thanks, I am new to the world of electric guitar.

Most pickups/preamps are switched on and off by inserting or removing the cable from the jack. The on off switch is part of the jack, the cable makes and breaks the electrical connection. Most stompboxes are wired like this so that one of the jacks (in/out) control the power.

Yea I just disconnect all the cables on mine. I left the battery in and it still has juice after almost a yr

The switch is in the socket. When you put the plug in, it pushes the contacts together, remove the plug and they spring apart and break the contact.

Top Bottom