WTB: Pineapple (Ohana, Mainland, Mele, maybe K brands?)

Photojosh

Reaction score
Howdy all,

Looking for a solid wood pineapple. Most likely from Ohana or Mainland (maybe mele?). I don't think I'm in the market for a Kamaka or Koaloha pineapple at the moment. But come at me with a great deal and maybe?

I might be more interested in a long neck or concert than a standard sporano, but I'm also not writing sopranos off totally. Both Ohana and Mainland make really cute sopranos.

What you got?

I have a Mele Concert Solid Mahogany Pineapple that I'm considering selling. PM with your email and I'll send details if you're interested.

I have a Mele Concert Solid Mahogany Pineapple that I'm considering selling. PM with your email and I'll send details if you're interested.

This will be very tough to beat. I think they are gorgeous and sound full and well balanced. A step or two above the Mainlands and Ohanas.

I wouldn't rule this one in the Fleamarket Marketplace out either:

Concert Pineapple Ukulele, Beautiful Wood, by Luthier Paul Wangenstein + Extras!

Here’s an eye-catching, *very* cool concert ukulele with real "wow" power! Built by Utah luthier Paul Wangenstein, it has a full, rich sound; beautiful wood throughout; and that iconic "island-style" pineapple shape made famous by Kamaka. It's in fine condition, and it's loads of fun! I'm including a vintage song book, "Comic Songs for the Ukulele," plus a vintage pitch pipe and a sturdy wood wall hanger. Insurance included in shipping price.

Price: $225 + $22 shipping
Name: Rosina Wilson
Telephone: Please use Email ~ Thanks!
E-mail: Rosina@RosinaWilson.com
Posted On: 2/23/2015

I wouldn't rule this one in the Fleamarket Marketplace out either:

Concert Pineapple Ukulele, Beautiful Wood, by Luthier Paul Wangenstein + Extras!

Yeah, I saw that. I'm just not familiar with that maker's work and the soundhole looked oddly small.

I would jump all over that Mele. I chose between that and my Pono and it honestly came down to the deal they were offering and the ability to buy from HMS with pickup of choice. If everything were even I might have chosen Mele...or not...or...

I would jump all over that Mele. I chose between that and my Pono and it honestly came down to the deal they were offering and the ability to buy from HMS with pickup of choice. If everything were even I might have chosen Mele...or not...or...

I'm interested in the mele. Just waiting for pahu to get back to me.

Somewhat surprised there aren't more Ohanas or Mainlands sitting in someone's closet though. I know that the pineapple shape isn't for everyone.

I don't have a Mele pineapple, but I recently picked up a used Mele tenor. VERY impressed with the quality, build and sound. When I'm seeking another (soon), Mele will be at the top of my list....along with Mainland. You may not see many Mainland pineapples available used, as those who have them are keeping them...including me :). Their longneck soprano is pretty rippin'. Just sayin'. And for under $300?

Top Bottom