Johnny Foodstamp's NEW CD available on Bandcamp.com

Wait, is the Johnny Foodstamp the famous disc golfer? :worship:

I suppose I should finally stop lurking in the shadows and just declare that I'm basically a disciple of yours. You seem to be one of the only artists who has moved beyond a simple, nostalgic rehash of the "hot" style of yesteryear into an as-yet totally unexplored terrain of musical invention. Put plainly, I thought I was the only one who figured the hot jass of this moment needs to be punk as all hell if it wants to actually recover its heat! You don't seem to be the kind to forget that the Original Dixieland Jass Band declared that they were musical anarchists.

I look forward to the next video, track or whatever you decide to post, and, in closing, desire to gather your opinion on this question: do you think that when Cliff Edwards spoke of his vocal soloing practice as "effin" he was, in fact, making a somewhat garbled reference to the hillbilly vocal practice of "eefing?"

Whatever your answer, it's so darn satisfying to hear someone effin on record again!

I suppose I should finally stop lurking in the shadows and just declare that I'm basically a disciple of yours. You seem to be one of the only artists who has moved beyond a simple, nostalgic rehash of the "hot" style of yesteryear into an as-yet totally unexplored terrain of musical invention. Put plainly, I thought I was the only one who figured the hot jass of this moment needs to be punk as all hell if it wants to actually recover its heat! You don't seem to be the kind to forget that the Original Dixieland Jass Band declared that they were musical anarchists.

I look forward to the next video, track or whatever you decide to post, and, in closing, desire to gather your opinion on this question: do you think that when Cliff Edwards spoke of his vocal soloing practice as "effin" he was, in fact, making a somewhat garbled reference to the hillbilly vocal practice of "eefing?"

Whatever your answer, it's so darn satisfying to hear someone effin on record again!

Well, thank you very much for your kind comments! I completely agree that subversive/punk nature is the natural progression of New "Old Tyme" music.

I am not aware of the hillbilly vocal practice of eefing but I will look into it! Good looking out!

Top Bottom