Ken Middleton Gets Major Props on PC World!!

seeso

Super Duper Moderator (Retired)
Reaction score
Our very own Ken Middleton gets a sweet write up on PC World!

Last year I blogged here in the Community Voices blog that YouTube now gets more than a billion video views per day. One of the reasons YouTube is so popular is the incredible talent of people you would never see on television. Ken Middleton is a ukulele player from Newcastle under Lyme, in England. He recently uploaded his ukulele version of The Rolling Stones classic, "As Tears Go By." This song stopped me in my tracks. Johann Sebastian Bach could not exceed Ken Middleton in his ability to interpret all the subtleties of this song.

Read the rest of the write up here!

Way to go, KEN! :D :rock:

Holy cow! Not only was he recognised, he was recognised for an entry in my '60s contest! that is truly awesome.

Congrats, Ken!

Not only was he mentioned, but it was implied that his talent was even greater than that of Johann Sebastian Bach! Way to go Ken!

It's true. Youtube does have some real gems there...very little need for TV any more...especially since I can watch most of the cable shows that I love online for free now.

I have been close to the royal family for some time now. E.R.'s prefered ukulele provider and smack talker. Persons of royal ranking have said " 2009 is the year for Sir Ken Middleton." Alas, a new defender of the realm. Congrats Sir Ken!

Thanks very much everyone.

Too be honest, I am just pleased with the fantastic response to Seeso's post as I am with the PC World article.

Is PC World an important magazine? I didn't know it existed. In the UK, PC World is a chain of computer stores.

Thanks again.

KEN

Ken Middleton The reason the Television no longer exists :D
Congrats Ken! You are truly gifted!

Wow this is a glowing review. I particularly like the line, "This song stopped me in my tracks. Johann Sebastian Bach could not exceed Ken Middleton in his ability to interpret all the subtleties of this song" and would love to hear a JSBach arrangement of As Tears Go By. I must say I agree with everything said by Phil Shapiro.

Thanks very much everyone.

Too be honest, I am just pleased with the fantastic response to Seeso's post as I am with the PC World article.

Is PC World an important magazine? I didn't know it existed. In the UK, PC World is a chain of computer stores.

Thanks again.

KEN

PC World used to be a huge publication in the 90s before the internet really took off. I remember buying those things to read about the newest intel pentium processors and computers with 256MB of ram...

I don't think they're as big as before but put it this way,

Compete.com has their website with a people count of over 2,000,000. You can't take these numbers too literally because the type of visitors sometimes skew it but I'm sure their website does get millions of hits a month.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PC_World_(magazine)

Last edited:
Is PC World an important magazine?

KEN

PC World used to be the best computer magazine out there. Their website used to be great. Now, however, it is marketing driven and all about shopping online. I don't bother with it anymore. Their reviews don't really handle things in an objective manner.

It's pretty huge. It used to be the only source you can get info on the latest technology for home consumers before the internet came about. There are tons of magazines out right now but the only three that stick in my head are PC World, Wired, and 2600.

Top Bottom