hello from long island!

turtledrum

Reaction score
Hello from cold and snowy Long Island!

One morning last June, while surfing the web, I encountered a Lanikai spalted mango tenor ukulele for sale. I've loved playing guitar for many years and always thought that one day I'd visit Hawaii and maybe buy a ukulele as a souvenir.

Well, that day in June that ukulele called to me and I couldn't resist. The rest is history. Not a day goes by that I don't enjoy the sound of the ukulele.

And now I am the devoted guardian of a small ukulele forest - mango, spruce, cedar, mahogany. How they sing! What a blessing, our time together!

I've visited this forum for months, too shy to join. Today I say thank you for keeping me such good company on this journey and helping me along the way.

I also would like to thank Andrew Kitakis of HMS for his many kindnesses and mindful presence in our world.

Today is just unfolding and I wish you great joy in the song you choose.

Greetings and welcome. You have certainly come to the right place. Glad you joined us.

Gooble gobble gabba gabba we accept you one of us! One of us! One of us!

Aloha turtledrum and welcome to the underground!!!

Welcome to UU!

Thanks, Vince! How far north in Westchester? I'm in Nassau...and we got another 8 and 1/2 inches on
Thursday!

Thanks! It's an Epiphone LesPaul Uke. It's become my travel uke.

Sweet! Why has it become your travel uke? Thinness?

Frankly, it's very rugged. It's basically an electric guitar, a semi-hollow body guitar and a bolt in neck. It handles the Florida heat well and flies well. I did upgrade the gigbag and use a hardshell case when flying. Plus it plays great!

$100.00 well spent!

Top Bottom