Super Simple Banjo Ukulele Resonator Attachment

Kevin B

Reaction score
Maybe this will help someone. For a center mount single hole resonator I did the following.

My coordinator rod was only a 10-32 stainless threaded rod (just a banjo uke so light).

I drilled a 3/4L 1/4" -20 coupling nut for the 10-32 rod to pass through perpendicularly. Then after centering the coupler in the banjo on the rod I fastened it from the underside with a 1/4" -20 set screw. Then I simply attached the resonator with a 1/4" - 20 button head hex socket bolt. I bought a knurled 1/4" -20 bolt but this button head was less obtrusive on the back of the banjo. The plate type mahogany resonator has four felt pads at contact points with the rim.

DSCN0382.jpg

thanks for sharing. I have a soprano open back that I keep "muffling" with my body and I've been wanting to do this. Now all I have to do is keep my eye out for a nice wood place at my local thrift shops.

I got a piece of mahogany laminate about 1/8" and carefully shaped it. I think you could even chuck it up by the center hole and turn the edges on a hand drill or drill press. Somehow mine came out round to the eye just by hand.

Top Bottom