Lanikai-Applause Hybrid (another NukeDoc custom!)

BUGOY

Reaction score
NukeDoc does it again! he installed a complete pickup system from an old Ovation guitar into a Lanikai 6-string tenor! I'll let NukeDoc give you guys more details but i must say that it was a very clean install and it sounds great as expected with these electronics. heres some pics...

lanipplause2.jpg

lanipplause.jpg

man those pics came out pretty nice! where's the full pic though?

anyway, there isnt much to say. BJ needed a 6 string uke to play for the band. he was deached this one. but needed a pickup. he couldnt afford to buy a fishman. i needed a project. i ripped the electronics out of an old ovation celebrity, that i later sold for $50 with the gaping hole where the pickup control box and battery used to be. i just worked slowly starting with a hole and using various metal files to slowly open the hole up to the right shape to accept the electronics. modified the saddle to fit into the sleeve of the transdeucer. installed everything. tested her out. battery check... check. sound... check. gain... check. equalizer... check.

sho'nuff! NukeDOC is da mastah! hahaha

ill try to take video of her later.

i told you i could do it. hahaha

man those pics came out pretty nice! where's the full pic though?

anyway, there isnt much to say. BJ needed a 6 string uke to play for the band. he was deached this one. but needed a pickup. he couldnt afford to buy a fishman. i needed a project. i ripped the electronics out of an old ovation celebrity, that i later sold for $50 with the gaping hole where the pickup control box and battery used to be. i just worked slowly starting with a hole and using various metal files to slowly open the hole up to the right shape to accept the electronics. modified the saddle to fit into the sleeve of the transdeucer. installed everything. tested her out. battery check... check. sound... check. gain... check. equalizer... check.

sho'nuff! NukeDOC is da mastah! hahaha

ill try to take video of her later.

i told you i could do it. hahaha

Thanks bro!! Can't wait to hear it!!

dude! the girls! pick on the girls!

and before you do it, dont even think of saying "i am!"

LOL. LoveMissHeather hasn't been on this board in months. You're more fun to pick on.

here you goes

it goes outa tune a lot through the vid because the strings are still settling. but you get the picture.

Very neat execution there. How'd you plug up the holes in the Applause before you sold it? Or did you just sell it with the holes?

Very neat execution there. How'd you plug up the holes in the Applause before you sold it? Or did you just sell it with the holes?

i sold it that way. still played just like the great guitar that it was. i just cant stand the bowl back on ovations. so i dumped it. at least someone out there is putting her to good use.

Top Bottom