Insurance

vialde

Reaction score
Here's a question for all you custom and vintage Ukulele owners. Have you taken out any insurance on your prized Ukes? Have you ever made a claim. Or conversely have you ever WISHED you'd had insurance? Just curious.

I'm not sure what the going rate would be, but if I owned some of the ukes I've seen on this site I probably would...I'm kinda clumsy.

I don't have insurance on my uke, but I do have insurance on my bassoon. It is totally worth it, especially if you own an expensive instrument. If my horn was somehow damaged or stolen, I would either have to take out a loan to replace it or just save my money for a few years. The insurance is pretty inexpensive, mine is about $10 a month, and this depends on the value of your instrument. We also have insurance out on my husband's saxophone and I think his is pretty cheap, like $4 a month or something. Definitely worth it if you own a valuable instrument.

Wouldn't the ukes be covered under homeowners insurance?

Here's a question for all you custom and vintage Ukulele owners. Have you taken out any insurance on your prized Ukes? Have you ever made a claim. Or conversely have you ever WISHED you'd had insurance? Just curious.

hey I have my uke insured. I'm sure it would be covered by my contents insurance generally but because it's over a certain value I had it added specifically to my policy just in case.

Top Bottom