How much would you be willing to pay for...

MeanGreenUker

Reaction score
Good morning ladies and gents,

I found a used Koaloha concert KCM-00 for $640 which to me is an okay deal besides the fact that I havent seen it in person and there's a 2 inch indentation on the back side which they can't explain how it got there. I don't want to pull the trigger just yet. The pictures, and I know they're just pictures, seem fine, beautiful grain. They say it plays great, but not knowing is what I'm worried about.

How much would you pay?

Thanks in advance

Keep looking. I bought mine in very good condition a few months ago in that price range and then resold it when I bought the Long Neck Version of the concert for just a bit more. You should be able to find more of them in that price range which won't have unexplained damage. You also don't know what other problems developed when that damage occurred. There may be some waiting involved as they don't come up very often, but it is worth the wait.

Also, put a Want To Buy offer on the forum. Sometimes people don't offer it for sale, but are willing to sell it if they see someone wants it.

Definitely keep looking. As Rappsy said you can get better for $50 - $75 more. Do you know the seller and or are they a reputable source of ukuleles. If it is ebay and they are not a music store with some kind of return policy I would steer clear. Two inch indents in the back means an impact of some sort and you don't know what else may have "happened" to it.

Last edited:
@dirtiestkidever -- a reputable member here that I have sold to and bought from in perfectly smooth transactions -- has one listed in the marketplace

Worth noting that the OP is talking about a concert and dirtiestkidever's (while very nice looking) is a soprano.

May not matter, but on the offchance that it does, worth pointing out.

Worth noting that the OP is talking about a concert and dirtiestkidever's (while very nice looking) is a soprano.

Glad I read your post before I posted saying the same thing.:)We will give Eddie a pass #1 he was trying to help. #2 he is so excited about his new Collings with MOT headplate he has been blinded by it's beauty to the point his eyes are crossed from staring at it.

Thanks for the replies. It's being sold by a pretty reputable music store. That being said, that could also be the reason for the steeper used tag. You guys rock.:shaka:

You are right. Sorry 'bout that, I misread that OP was looking at a soprano.

We swim in a sea of Ukes. There will be others. A two inch debt doesn't sound appealing. And not at $640.

I picked up a factory second KCM-00 on these classifieds for $550 including a case. The reason it was a second was there are 2 or 3 small finish flaws that you have to really look hard to see. Otherwise it is perfect!

Thanks for the replies everyone. I've decided to to pass. You guys are right. That impulse buy blinded me and that 2 inch indentation almost did as well. I appreciate you guys.

I picked up a factory second KCM-00 on these classifieds for $550 including a case. The reason it was a second was there are 2 or 3 small finish flaws that you have to really look hard to see. Otherwise it is perfect!

How and where?

How and where?

On the UU marketplace about 7 months ago. The uke collection was being downsized (needed to fund a custom) and I jumped on the opportunity. Keep your eye out. I have seen a couple since then. I believe Rappsy mentioned listing a "Looking for..." post in the marketplace. I have seen him use this approach and gotten a lot of response.

Good luck! The right one will come.

Top Bottom