New uke day! A banjolele

Mya Moe equip their Beansprout with re-entrant Worths. If you want linear maybe try a South Coast set.

Aquila banjo ukulele strings, unless it has the clear mylar head, then perhaps something mellower. It pretty much looks the same as my Rally. I had a calfskin head put on, but also considered the Remo Renaissance head. I have the Aquila strings and like the sound. Many players have tried and love different strings. If I didn't want to use Aquila, I'd have tried Fremont Blackline. Not sure I've heard from anyone who's tried them though.

Last edited:
I have Martin M600's on my Firefly and Aquila Super Nylgut on my resonator banjo uke.

I use Worths on my B/U. I started with Aquila but
switched a couple of years back,and prefer Worths.

Aquila makes a set of reds (copper impregnated) the 90u set for the banjo uke. The little old lady I purchased last week came with white Aquilas on it and it sounds fine so no rush for me. I have my eye on an old 4 string bridge made of rosewood on eBay but again if it isn't broken.

Anything wrong with the strings on it? Changing strings on a banjo uke looks more intensive than changing the strings on a regular one.

Congrats! Nice uke. Nice boyfriend!

Worths, Living Water, Martin fluorocarbons are all good. Aquilas too brash for me especially on banjoleles. That's a really nice looking one

Worths, Living Water, Martin fluorocarbons are all good. Aquilas too brash for me especially on banjoleles. That's a really nice looking one

When I took delivery of my Beansprout (2nd Hand) it required a restring. As I didn't have any specific banjolele strings I put a regular set of Aquila tenors on. They were terrible. I purchased some Aquila banjolele specific ones and they were much better (quite good actually- I also had a new bridge installed and the action lowered. together this made a hell of a difference - Suggest that you consider a pro set up if you are not totally happy with the way it came out of the box). I was also going to try the standard Worths Tenor re-entrant set but sold the Beansprout before I had a chance. These would have been the what the Beansprout comes with from Mya-Moe.

Last edited:
Top Bottom