Durability

Rllink

Reaction score
My little Makala is getting a workout this winter. All I have to say is that she isn't a high maintenance date. She's going strong.

My little Makala is getting a workout this winter. All I have to say is that she isn't a high maintenance date. She's going strong.

Same here with my little Makala.

I keep a Makala Pineapple in my car and I'm always very impressed with how it holds up. It stays in tune and it sounds great, even with the occasional knock. Gotta love Makalas.

I have had a Makala 'Dolphin' since they first appeared,
and it gets a regular work out from me. Wonderful little
instrument for the price!

My Kala (solid mahog) has been dropped and dented, the bridge popped loose and cracked the top, and it's traveled with me in wild humidity and temperature changes, been played badly by me for over 3 years and is still going strong. It takes a lickin and keeps on tickin...

I agree. I have a Makala I bought used. It amazes me what an nice little uke it is. I, also, have a Kala. They've seen their share of bumps and scratches, but keep on playing!

I keep a Makala Pineapple in my car and I'm always very impressed with how it holds up. It stays in tune and it sounds great, even with the occasional knock. Gotta love Makalas.

I bought my Makala pineapple solely as a beater uke to take anywhere I please. It's have been carried in my backpack with my laptop for a year now and it holding up great. This little cheapie has been a real favorite of mine and I own about 10 now.

I agree. I have a Makala I bought used. It amazes me what an nice little uke it is. I, also, have a Kala. They've seen their share of bumps and scratches, but keep on playing!

That's about where I started. I now own or have owned Pono's, Godin's, Moku's, etc. But the truth for me is that any uke played well sounds pretty darn good. Any really good uke played poorly sounds poorly. There is not such a huge difference in sound between a well made $40 instrument and a $800 instrument to my ear. The differences are subtle but they are there and become more noticeable with experience.

Bottom line... great little instrument at a fantastic price.

Top Bottom