VLOG from Waikiki

PeteyHoudini

Reaction score
Aloha! I'm in Hawaii on a ukulele group tour. Been very busy with so many events. Kimo Hussey is our guide and mentor.

Here is the 1st VLOG of my ukulele events and impressions:

VLOG 01

VLOG 02 is later on in the message thread. VLOG 03 (the wrap-up) will appear March 14th.

Mahalo!

Petey

Last edited:
Beautiful......thanks for sharing!!

Nicely done, Petey. And so true about the ABC's. They're on every corner, seemingly. Once while I was there, a young guy shoplifted from one. The store manager -- not a young gentlemen -- chased him out and they got into an altercation. The bad guy was prevailing and seemed like he was going to really hurt him so four of us bystanders subdued him and held on for deal life (literally -- acted before I thought and the whole time I'm holding on I was thinking if I get killed, I'll never forgive myself) until the Honolulu Police showed up. So hearing about ABC's always gets my adrenaline pumping, probably the opposite association you have given you get your red wine there. ;-)

It was quite surprising to me to learn you weren't that familiar with the K-brands. I know you're a Martin enthusiast but given what a great player you are, I just assumed you would be more familiar with the K-brands than you suggested you are. Nice to see you showcasing that talent on some non-Martin stuff.

Enjoy the rest of your trip!

Last edited:
Sorry Peter

I did not recognize you..i was the other guy at The Ukulele Site on Saturday
..not Aaron or Noah....congrats on the new Kamaka....:)

looks like Kimo keeping everyone busy....:) Corey should be there on Tuesday for the private concert.....

Last edited:
I really do enjoy watching your vids ... you're quite good at making them informative and entertaining. And .... I WANT TO VISIT THAT STORE! :eek:

Aloha Petey
E komo mai... (welcome) to Waikiki and Hawaii..well Oahu no forget to check all the Hawaiian music and local foods too :)
if you need help, give me a holler man

Thank you for the video, Petey. The new uke looks and sounds sweet!!! I ordered some of those ukulele method books.

Great vid. I wish I were there too as I'm tired of moving snow every other day! A trip to Hawaii is just the thing I need to cure some cabin fever. Since I'm not going anywhere soon, your video is the next best thing! I'm looking forward to your next update.

Wow, sounds great, and a lesson from Kimo......worth the trip just for that. Glad you got your Kamaka pineapple. Thanks for sharing

Thanks for the vlog! I hope you enjoy your new Kamaka pineapple; I love mine. And sooooo jealous of you meeting Kimo Hussey!

haha.....

ABC = All Blocks Covered!!!!

Great video, Thanks for sharing your Hawaii experience. What an amazing opportunity to spend time with Kimo and visit HMS
Cliff

Hi Petey,

Thanks for sharing your video. Since I am stuck in miserable winter weather in the East Coast of the USA, I can vicariously experience your trip from you sharing your joy with us while you are there.

I always appreciate your videos. I'm kind of afraid of the severity of my UAS for when I actually do visit Hawaii myself...as HMS would be a priority stop for me too....

Safe travels...Booli :)

Kamaka longneck pineapple!! I tried so hard to find one my last trip to Hawaii but none were to be found unless I ordered from the factory and waited for them to build it. Lucky you!

Andrew seems to get a few with each new batch of ukes from Kamaka...pretty sure he will have some slot head tenors coming soon too...:)

Andrew seems to get a few with each new batch of ukes from Kamaka...

I keep checking the HMS site hopefully from time to time but the longneck pineapples are always out of stock. Does he ever do wait lists?

(Apologies Petey for the derail!)

Top Bottom