Clara soprano!

Andy Chen

Reaction score
Blackbird just posted this on its Facebook page:

Changing the scale length on an instrument can noticeably change the character of the sound. We are shipping the first soprano ukulele based on the Clara body with the bridge moved up for the shorter scale (13.56"). It has a wonderfully warm tone.

All you soprano-lovers, time to get on the Clara bandwagon!

That's nice but I want a tenor Clara. Guess with the soprano in production a tenor might be in the works.

I think so. Cos it would cost a lot more to make a new mould for a smaller soprano body.

I think so. Cos it would cost a lot more to make a new mould for a smaller soprano body.

How about a long-neck concert, then? I bet that would be terrific.

Oops, never mind. I see they're using the same mould with no change in overall body length. Just moved the bridge.

Last edited:
Long neck conert would be great!

I would be happy with that as well. Maybe even more so than a tenor. Super concert would be a little smaller and easier to transport to the rough country that it is made for. Probably will never make it off my back deck but it is a good enough reason to buy one :music:

Long neck soprano would appeal to me ... shoot, they should just make 'em all. :D

I think they should consider using the same body and the neck size of the Kamaka Ohta-San which is in between a concert and a tenor.

Regular concert would do nicely for me thank you. "if it ain't broke", etc..............

Put me down for a tenor, even though it would mean a new mold.

Top Bottom