James Hill's The Ukulele Way

Kimosabe

Reaction score
I'm just going to post this because I'm surprised there's so little mention of it on UU: James Hill's The Ukulele Way.

First off, in no way am I associated with James Hill other than being his student on The Ukulele Way. For about $9 a month you get excellent lessons and you can quit when you want. Anything better than that?

Tabs, videos, standard notation, audio versions of the pieces. Check it out! They really teach well and they're progressive in what they teach.

So, during my five years as a member of The Berkeley Ukulele Club I would occasionally see a guy over in the corner of Mike Da Silva's workshop drinking a beer. Once or twice he joined in and gave us an impromptu lesson. The guy's name was James Hill. Mike made him a mighty fine uke. You can see it in some of the videos for the lessons.

It is an excellent site.

Methodical and well presented.

I'm on it also. Those $9 are Canadian so it is really a bargain for those of us down below. I think I've gone thru the lessons maybe a bit too fast and should go back and perfect a few techniques and pieces - but I always feel the pull of the next new one.

Thanks for the reminder. I have the books, and am on the forums, but haven't really logged on or contributed in awhile, or practiced. Thanks for the reminder that I need to get back into it! It really is a great site, excellent materials, and the people on the forums are very nice and supportive.

I'm on it also. Those $9 are Canadian so it is really a bargain for those of us down below. I think I've gone thru the lessons maybe a bit too fast and should go back and perfect a few techniques and pieces - but I always feel the pull of the next new one.

I too rushed through! I wish there was a way to mark the lessions you wanted to go back to practice again as well as mark your progress. Overall it has been a great learning process and I am enjoying it!

Thanks for this post. I'm a guitar teacher and bought my first uke a couple of years ago in Hawaii - a Kanile'a K1. Until recently, I just haven't had the time to devote to learning beyond strumming basic chords and reading tab for fingerstyle arrangements. I now have my first uke student, so I wanted to find an organized system to let me take my own learning up a notch. I signed up tonight for the paid membership and am looking forward to working through the lessons. I'm impressed by the thought and organization that has gone into the site and like being able to switch between low and high G lessons.

Thanks for this post. I'm a guitar teacher and bought my first uke a couple of years ago in Hawaii - a Kanile'a K1. Until recently, I just haven't had the time to devote to learning beyond strumming basic chords and reading tab for fingerstyle arrangements. I now have my first uke student, so I wanted to find an organized system to let me take my own learning up a notch. I signed up tonight for the paid membership and am looking forward to working through the lessons. I'm impressed by the thought and organization that has gone into the site and like being able to switch between low and high G lessons.

James Hill has a Ukulele Teacher certification course you might want to look into ... congrats on the new student ... it will take a bit of work to stay ahead of them ...

Top Bottom