Any y'all seen this? Dr B doin "Exactly Like You" on the bari. Uh-Huh.

H

Hippie Dribble

I know Doc posts some of his music here but I just heard this. Couldn't not share. Excellent control of melody, percussive technique and phrasing on the bari.

That ukulele appears to have the distinctive markings of a $40 Rogue baritone... He makes it sounds like a million bucks!

I just ordered one of those yesterday. Too bad mine will sound like a $40 uke, lol.

Thanks, Jon and Phluffy, for the kind words.
Yes, the baritone is a cheap Rogue. I have had two of them, the one I'm playing in the video is actually not so bad. It's got good intonation and is very comfortable to play. Soundwise, it's a bit dull, but hey, that's just white plywood....I took the action down a bit, both at the saddle and the nut, but that's all, really. The other Rogue baritone that I had was not that good. There were issues with action and intonation, among other minor things. I would say buying the Rogue baritone can be a gamble. They will probably all be playable after a bit of tweaking, but some are better than others. Note that there is a similar baritone out there, the 'Savannah', which looks very much alike, but is way, way better. The one I have sounds like a mellow monster, and is built like a tank - an ideal baritone beater.

Here's the 'Savannah': http://youtu.be/71Y9jW9pLuQ?list=UU6NEVhcq5Pz9uKYv074m1hQ

Last edited:
Always love Dr B's videos.
Look forward everyday to seeing something new from you or Dr B as each one gives me incentive to learn something new/think differently about what the uke is capable of in the hands of masters. Both of you inspire the uke community!

Top Bottom