Troy Fernandez played my 50th Birthday Bash!!!

Dwave

Reaction score
I just have to share this as I was completely blown away by this gift. I figure this would be a good place to share it. My two beautiful daughters threw me an epic 50th Birthday Bash this past Saturday at Roscoe's in Downtown Fullerton. What they managed to do has put the gift giving over the top was have Troy Fernandez come and play with his girls. Only a few of my guest new of Troy's music so I had to fill many of my guests in on this legend in Hawaiian music and the Ukulele. All my guests where amazed with Troy and his daughters and it was a great evening had by all.
My daughters know that I am a huge fan of Troy's music and Hawaiian music in general and they totally surprised me by this, I had no idea that my oldest daughter Christine tracked Troy down and got him to play. This was a complete surprise to me and when Troy walked into the party Ukulele in hand I was floored! For me, absolutely the best gift I could have ever received. Totally an awesome time that I got to share my love of the Ukulele with my friends and get sung Happy Birthday by Troy Hawaiian Style at the end.
Wow! I love my girls! And if you see this Troy, thank you again.
IMG_20150228_195351532.jpgFB_IMG_1425237004855.jpgFB_IMG_1425244377206.jpgFB_IMG_1425244421297.jpgIMG952587.jpg

How cool! I'm a fan. That's just awesome.

Wowzer! Hope someone got some vid. Troy is great.

You have some wonderful daughters

Sweet! Did he play some Ka'au Crater Boys classics?

Now THAT'S what you call a surprise party! Great!

Wow you sure know how to celebrate your 50th happy birthday greetings

You only do it once so I wanted to throw a party! Troy's with his wonderful daughters singing was the surprise gift from my daughters which made the party a full on success.

Wowzer! Hope someone got some vid. Troy is great.

You have some wonderful daughters

Yes my daughters are wonderful and Troy was very gracious. I had my back to the door when he walked in and my daughter Christine who really put this together was smiling at me from ear to ear like the cat the ate the Canary. I knew something must be up so when I turned around and Troy was standing there with Ukulele in hand and my response was a big "no way, I can't believe this are you kidding me” as I turned to my daughter asking “how in the world did she manage this". It was full on a great party made Epic by Troy's performance.

Now that's a birthday party! Troy is awesome. Congratulations and Happy Birthday.

I used to see Troy playing on Kalakaua Avenue in Waikiki. It's hard for an artist, even of Troy's caliber, to make a living. I believe he had to move to the mainland to make a better living. Glad to hear he's doing well. He was always a gentleman here. Playing on Kalakaua while his cds were being sold in the local Costcos. His children used to sit around him while he played. Baby, baby it's a wild world. Love his version of that song.

Top Bottom