All Wound String Baritone Tuning (19" Scale)

peterbright

UU VIP
UU VIP
Reaction score
Is there a resource that would suggest gauges for an all wound D G B E tuning for a 19" scale uke? Specifically looking at TI flat wound strings as I have quite a few around the house and they tend to be lower tension than most.

What kind of baritone. I found with my vintage ones, Martin and Favilla, they sound best with a nylon and wound 3&4. For my newer ones, like the Webber, they seem to like a fluro with wound 3&4.

Like so many others here, I've got a box of different string sets looking for the right one for the right uke. I just put a set of Martin 630's on the vintage Martin and it sounds really good. The Favilla has a set of the T1's and sounds okay. On the Webber, I put on a set of Southcoast HL-SW's. It's a higher tension string. So far I like Southcoast the best for wound 3&4. If you want a high tensioned set, the Southcoast is the way to go IMO.

I tried the Guadalupe but didn't like the texture of them; especially when sliding up the neck.

If they are flatwound strings intended for guitars, you can easily install them on Baritone ukulele.

I have found that classical guitar's ADGB strings translate precisely to DGBE tuning on a baritone ukulele scale.

Check out the south coast specialty set page. There's a set tune to dgbe and its call something amplification set.

If they are flatwound strings intended for guitars, you can easily install them on Baritone ukulele.

I have found that classical guitar's ADGB strings translate precisely to DGBE tuning on a baritone ukulele scale.

This is what I was looking for. Thanks.

Top Bottom