FS Mike Pereira Tenor Uke

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnnies Boy

Reaction score
Mike Pereira tenor ukulele. $990.00 shipped Conus by UPS Ground. Paypal accepted, you pay the fees.
Sinker Redwood top, black walnut back and sides, maple body and fretboard bindings, non-radiused ebony fingerboard and bridge. MiSi Trio pickup installed. As you can see from the photos, it's a pretty stunning uke. Its build date was Dec 2012.
Amazing sustain and spot on intonation.

There is one 'finish flaw' in the upper bout (below the soundhole) - a sort of dimple shows up when viewed under light at a certain angle. I don't know what this is. I have examined it with my watchmakers loop and there is no break in the varnish, just a pin point sized, and I mean pin point sized, tiny depression. It is almost impossible to see and very hard to photograph it. There is also a small mark behind the bridge at the second string from a broken string.
Here are a couple sound clips that was posted by the person I purchased it from.

MP Tenor played finger style: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UGRyvujs-0k

MP Tenor Vs Ken Timms Soprano Strumming:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B9ian...ature=youtu.be

MP Ukes are sold by The Strum Shop in Roseville CA: http://thestrumshop.com/mp-muchinga-...ith-spruce-top

New, a similar MP Tenor with MiSi pickup installed currently sells for approx. $2000.
I am selling this because I have way too many ukes and I don't play this one as much as it deserves.

Attachments

• IMG_3652.jpg
    IMG_3652.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 169
  • IMG_3653.JPG
    IMG_3653.JPG
    90.6 KB · Views: 151
  • IMG_3657.jpg
    IMG_3657.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 146
  • IMG_3645.JPG
    IMG_3645.JPG
    75.9 KB · Views: 125
  • IMG_3656.jpg
    IMG_3656.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 125
Last edited:
As the previous owner of this wonderful uke I want to give Steve (Johnnies Boy) two thumbs up as a person to deal with. Also, what's the matter with you people that no one has snapped up such a finely made and sounding uke as this one. It was a great bargain at the original asking price and now it's available at a bonkers price.
Someone who is looking for a tenor with a refined voice will love this instrument.

Two out of my three ukuleles are MPs. He makes excellent ukuleles. I am a huge fan of them. If anyone is on the fence but hasn't ever played and MP I would say absolutely go for it.

Looks fantastic, but I've bought so many ukes that looked fantastic I don't have time to play them all. Some of us are saturated with ukes.

Apply a process of creative expansion. Buy this uke and sell one of your tribe to make someone else happy. Pay it forward.

Apply a process of creative expansion. Buy this uke and sell one of your tribe to make someone else happy. Pay it forward.

Ha ha. Easier said than done. I've been selling my tribe quite a bit, but sometimes it takes time.

This is the exact MP Ukulele that inspired me to order my MP Redwood/Walnut tenor (#157 made in April 2013). Mine has a slotted headstock but no pickup. The kicker for my uke is that the figured back has a hound dog's face in it. (search mpukuleles here and you can see the build process) My two year anniversary with the uke is May 1st. Mike was such a pleasure to work with and I love this custom instrument. It has really opened up and I was surprised by the volume and resonance when my daughter played it in front of me.

Someone else deserves to get this nice Mike Pereira uke so they can enjoy.

I guess it is because of the low numbers of MP Uke's that have been built that explains why so few people have experience with them. But I have noticed that those that do own one, or more, think most highly of them. I sure did and only sold this one to provide me with the 'currency' to be able to commission a uke. Something that I always wanted to do even if it meant that I had to lose one that I dearly loved to achieve that goal.
The people who installed the MiSi pickup locally (who also take care of the instruments of the Symphony Orchestra) considered it extremely finely built and also said that they had never seen such a fine uke in Western Australia (which is as large as Texas, Great Britian, Japan and a few other countries put together- and note that the population is not all kangaroos and sheep(as it is in New Zealand -lol, sorry Kiwi's)). Seriously though I've even chided the OP for dropping the price as at the original asking price it represented good value.
I know that who ever acquires this uke will value it highly.

I commissioned this uke and can confirm its a fantastic instrument. Not the loudest uke ever but it has wonderful tone and is a joy to play. Surely do miss it ... As with Hollis I sold to cover another purchase. Good luck with the sale.

Also, not sure why the second link (strumming) in the OP's post isn't working- maybe a typo. Here it is: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=B9ianvycnFw&feature=youtu.be

Thanks you guys for commenting on this Uke. I too have let UAS get the best of me and have to get some cash to pay for an instrument commissioned many months ago.
Thanks for fixing the link.
I agree, it has a wonderful tone and is so easy to play. Someone will get a great addition to their collection. Is there anyone out there with only one Uke?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom