Kauai in July 2015

Gwynedd

Reaction score
It looks like I may be going to Kauai in July (end of July.) Going on vacation with a work colleague and their family.

We'll be in Koloa, but have a rental car. I understand Aldrine plays in Kauai. And boy, do I adore his music and I think my friends would really like to hear him.

And...are there uke shopping "must-see" on Kauai?

I've never been to Hawaii and though I'd probably pick a different island as my first place to visit, that's where our trip is happening with our group because the location is great for kids.

My first, and only, visit to Kauai (so far) was two years ago. We visited every uke shop we could find, and met some very nice people. NFI, but we went to a slack key concert in Hanalei that was simply great. Wonderful music mixed with stories about the culture and history of the island. I recommend that you check it out, it is quite a bargain. http://www.mcmasterslackkey.com/liveshows.html :shaka:

Bill

Scotty's I've heard of. thanks, Will continue research. I'll look up Aldrine to see what he's doing in July. I think my buddies would enjoy the music. Most people do. I took my admin along to a Jake concert and we all had a great time. (A few years ago.)

I would second seeing Doug & Sandy McMaster - great people and a fantastic concert. They also socialize with folks after which is an added bonus.

Uke shopping - Scotty's Music in Lihue and Kauai Music & Sound in Kapaa.

Don't forget to stop to eat at Larry's Chicken in a Barrel in Kapaa :)

Go snorkeling down around Poipu!

Feel free to PM about anything (hikes, beaches, etc.) - I was lucky enough to be in Kauai a couple years ago as well

Top Bottom