Thanks guys!

Icelander53

Reaction score
I try not to be mushy but I also try to share good vibes and I got them for this place.

Continuously I'm met with helpful friendly attitudes in almost all directions. I've never found a better uke resource than this place and it's certainly one of the reasons I keep my playing spirits up even when I don't have anyone else to practice and play with. Tons of info and smiles all in one place. This is a very unique site and I'm so glad I found it and I'm so glad you are all here. :love::music:

Carry on.

Icebuddy my Pono brother, so glad you are finding some joy. You had kinda dropped off the map for a little while and I was concerned. Glad you are back full force.

Not full force. I had/have a health issue that is pretty serious. It knocked me off my game for awhile. I'm doing better now. Far from healed but I have control of the pain most of the time. All the doctors pain meds didn't really touch the nerve pain so on a whim I got a Medical MJ card and started to get some serious relief. I'm a grower now too so I get to have a wonderful smelling house. In July Oregon goes completely legal. IMO this plant is a boon to mankind.

glad to hear you have the pain under control. :)

keep uke'in',

So glad you are getting relief from the pain!

I like how you have a fresh take on topics as us UU old timers get used to certain ways, which don't mean it's right.

Thanks guys, there was a little while when I thought my playing days were over as I had a lot of pain in my hands and feet. But I'm still playing and the pain at the moment is minimal. Life would be hardly worth it without my uke. I swear this little instrument has been a lifesaver for this old guy. It's a rare day I'm not thinking uke.

Not full force. I had/have a health issue that is pretty serious. It knocked me off my game for awhile. I'm doing better now. Far from healed but I have control of the pain most of the time. All the doctors pain meds didn't really touch the nerve pain so on a whim I got a Medical MJ card and started to get some serious relief. I'm a grower now too so I get to have a wonderful smelling house. In July Oregon goes completely legal. IMO this plant is a boon to mankind.

I agree. Glad to hear you have found something to help with your pain.

The Uke is good for the heart.

Glad you're feeling better. I feel the same way about this site. Seems like I always learn something new when I visit here.

Don't forget you are one of the ukers that make this place what it is. Glad you are feeling better

Ice, it's nice having you here! I'm sending Love and Light to you for healing! I'm so glad you can get the MJ. We can't have it here. Such a backward state!
Anyhoo, I feel the same about playing as you do. When I can no longer enjoy life i.e. playing ukulele, I wanna get off this planet! Life is only worth living if it's fun, and I have friends like you Ice, and everyone else that goofs off here! And you just go right ahead and be mushy...anyone who don't like it will answer to me!

Thanks Nickie, It's so nice to hear all that. I feel very at home here most of the time. Yes indeed it does warm my heart to have found you all here playing away. It's a rare event in life when something exceeds your expectations. This site certainly has.

Yes this place is a virtual home of sorts for me that's why ive been here since 2009.

As far as health firmly believe that music heals. I invite you to check out my blog or YouTube channel to see how music and th Uke community helped me battle Cancer earlier this year (see my signature below)

I'm glad you r getting relief from MJ I'm hoping the process finally gets Put in place here in Massachusetts.

Thanks I will check that out. Cannabis has shown great promise with certain types of cancer tumors. The CBD strains are the ones rather than high THC which is what gets you high. I can take huge doses of Medical MJ and still be mostly functional. However right now I only need it at night to sleep. It has conquered years of insomnia.

Last edited:

I am glad you are able to manage the pain better and glad that Oregon is going legal. Cannabis is an amazing plant with tons of uses.

:music: here is a pic I wanted to share with you....:shaka:

I did not draw it, but I did add the caption....

image.jpg

Top Bottom