PDA

View Full Version : Kiwaya KTS 5 strings

maday
03-06-2015, 10:15 AM
Hi,

I'm looking to buy the Kiwaya KTS 5 and have been trying to find out what kind of strings it comes with. The Uke Site folks say "D'Addarrio Titanium". However, I emailed this week the Kiwaya company and they responded saying it is strung with Aranjuaez strings. Does anyone have any experience with Aranjuaez strings?

thanks!

fongie
03-06-2015, 02:53 PM
Hi,

I'm looking to buy the Kiwaya KTS 5 and have been trying to find out what kind of strings it comes with. The Uke Site folks say "D'Addarrio Titanium". However, I emailed this week the Kiwaya company and they responded saying it is strung with Aranjuaez strings. Does anyone have any experience with Aranjuaez strings?

thanks!

You know, I just purchased the KTC-2.

I was told that the original strings were no good by a highly regarded/professional uke player. And was told to change to Worth or Sth Coast.

When I ask the dealer to change it for me, they told me to try these originals first, because they have nothing but high regards for them. I can't even remember what the originals were called. It wasn't Freemonts either.

Mattyukaholic
03-06-2015, 09:34 PM
All the Kiwayas I have had have come with Hilos.
I don't think you can beat good old Martin m600s on these.

maday
03-07-2015, 11:40 AM
I have the KTS-4 and it came with black strings (which I ended up changing out). I asked the Kiwaya company about both the KTS-4 and KS-5. They responded KTS-4 come with Hilo strings; KS-5 as noted above, Aranjuaez strings.

maday
03-07-2015, 11:42 AM
Mispell - I meant Aranjuez

fongie
03-07-2015, 11:07 PM
I have the KTS-4 and it came with black strings (which I ended up changing out). I asked the Kiwaya company about both the KTS-4 and KS-5. They responded KTS-4 come with Hilo strings; KS-5 as noted above, Aranjuaez strings.

Yes, I have not received my Kiwaya yet, but by the pic's they sent me, it is black. So I assume it is a Hilo, not sure.