Just put some chords on a french poem...

La Perdrix

Reaction score
in the end of his life, Verlaine wrote this poem : "Compagne savoureuse et douce". at this time he lived with a... how shall we say... sex-friend... a prostitute... in fact he shared his life between two of them, and when I was living not with one or the other, he lived in hospital...
tonight just put some chords on his words, I love this poet, who knows better that any other how to express human failures...

here it is : https://soundcloud.com/pdrx73/compagne-savoureuse-et-bonne-verlaine-la-perdrix

(this is in french of course...)

It's very nice, friend

As always my brother, your voice is very expressive and full of emotion. I am going to look more into the work of this man, having myself developed a real love of poetry in this past year or so. Blessings Philippe.

that is such a pleasure to read that you receive something from my language.
I love to sing in french but, you know, I often wonder... why posting that on an english forum...
I do this because I adore poetry... french poetry is the one I know the most, Verlaine, Hugo, Rimbaud, Villon... but I also adore japanese poetry, Basho, Issa, Buson, Izumi Shikibu... and american poets, Bukowski, Brautigan, Ginsberg, Carver, Fante...
thank you very much, Jon, sometimes I tell myself that watching you playing and singing is some kind of poetry too.

Top Bottom